Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 05/06/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Maybe a bit sad but I hope that fans there showed some class and applauded Man City off the pitch. It would be a fitting end to a season of good PR.

They did. :thup:

Yup. And City players applauded back :thup:

Maybe a bit sad but I hope that fans there showed some class and applauded Man City off the pitch. It would be a fitting end to a season of good PR.

They did. :thup:

I was Sir John Hall stand underneath the away fans and just about everyone applauded them when they came over to applaud their fans.

Loads of people got abuse for leaving early around me in the Leazes end (85th minute onwards) And rightly so.

Most fans stayed behind like, loved the lap of honour, especially Shola :lol:

Just got back in. Train back to London was an absolute nightmare. Very bad delays. Some lovely mackems at Kings Cross abusing an old Newcastle fan and his wife. Scummy little cunts.

Anyways, proud today. Thought we competed well for a while, didn't make it easy for them. There was clearly a difference in class though between the two sides, even if it wasn't huge. I know people have probably said it but fucking hell Kompany is an absolute wall. An insanely complete CB, just looks so comfortable at ALL times. Yaya aswell, his first goal looked wanktastic from where i was.

Atmosphere seemed good today. Tried to make it very hostile and intimidating for city players, although it didnt have the same effects that it did on Liverpool. Did it come across well on the TV? Lap of honour was lovely and a pleasure to be there, all the players seemed to enjoy it. Lovenkrands was walking at the back and got a superb reaction, milked it like fuck though  :lol: clearly didnt want to go back into the tunnel.

So proud of the lads today. We were outclassed in the end but not before a good hour or so of going toe to toe with the probable league champions. Kompany was fucking unbelievable, and the fact that a £25m Barcelona midfielder was ultimately the one who made the difference tells you a lot.

Here's a picture from my phone after the game, shows just how many stayed behind to cheer the players and staff for a magnificent season despite finishing with a loss.

http://i.imgur.com/eqrj8.jpg

The atmosphere during and after the match was simply superb. Well done everyone. :clap: :indi:

Brilliant stuff.  Not sure how to feel about this.  I'm immensely proud, but gutted at the same time, full of hope but a bit deflated that our approach can't hope to compete with the oil rich and the oligarch, so pleased to be in the EL but anti-climatic at missing out on the CL in all probability and most of all excited at who we might get in the summer but bricking it that we'll lose key members of this squad I've grown to love.  What to think.....

We havent missed out yet. We still have the chance to finish 3rd. If we win next week and dont get it then thats fair enough, but we have kept pace with the other 3 teams, which when you consider the respective run ins, is brilliant.

Btw we lost our attacking impetus when Ben Arfa went off I felt. Pardew blatantly wanted to keep Ba on for the final home game of the season so someone had to make way, turned out to be HBA. I just think we lacked that zip and threat without him.

The last 15 minutes of the first half was the loudest I've ever heard SJP.

Roaring everything going in our favour and trying to make it an intimidating atmosphere everytime City had the ball.

I hope it came across well on the telly, because it was deafening in the Gallowgate.

Roaring everything going in our favour and trying to make it an intimidating atmosphere everytime City had the ball.

I hope it came across well on the telly, because it was deafening in the Gallowgate.

The noise every time de Jong touched the ball was class too.

There was five minute spell when the atmosphere when they had the ball was imense.  It was like something from Turkey or sommat.  Really came across on the box

The atmosphere, in particular in the first half was phenomenal.

The atmosphere from the Manc pikeys was shite until they scored.

'You only sing when you're winning' has never been so apt. Didn't hear them once before Toure's first.

It did. The Swedish half-time studio actually showed clips without commentary at HT just to let the viewers hear the fans again and then just laughed about how ridiculously loud it was.

It did. The Swedish half-time studio actually showed clips without commentary at HT just to let the viewers hear the fans again and then just laughed about how ridiculously loud it was.

:fwap:

Really proud of them all today, just beaten by a better team. The game plan was fine imo and executed well, the only mistake of note was Toure having so much space for his second.

If you watch that moment again, pay attention to Aguero holding back Colo for a second, which translates into Colo arriving just too late to block Yaya's shot. Devil's in the detail

Was clearly visible on MOTD. Not a foul of course, but certainly not a defensive error..

That first goal is loads better than I thought at the time. Fair play.

You're lower Gallowgate aren't you? Looked class from about 15 rows above you ;)