Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest Tyson

Newcastle puts DebuchyAprès 6M for having made an initial offer of 5 million euros for Mathieu Debuchy, Newcastle returned to the charge this time with an allowance of € 6 million, together with a percentage to the resale of the player. Reportedly, leaders Lille, despite the signing of Djibril Sidibe, expected successor of the French international, have not yet given its response to Magpies

Slim chance that Lille would agree to those terms, afterall he's in his late 20's and the window of opportunity (to another big transfer) is getting narrower. He'd need to have an outstanding debut season (followed by an immediate big-money sale, on the back of that season) in order for Lille to recoup the difference between our upfront money received and their overall 8m valuation.

We are proper bum fucking these lot like. It's quite clear that Debuchy wants to join us and because of that we are trying to fleece them.

I've got a feeling we might get him with this bid, makes you wonder whether they haave quoted us a price. You can guarentee we won't give them what they ask for.

A sell on clause is quite a concession from our guys, something which I presume has been asked for by Lille.

Guest Roger Kint

We are proper bum fucking these lot like. It's quite clear that Debuchy wants to join us and because of that we are trying to fleece them.

I've got a feeling we might get him with this bid, makes you wonder whether they haave quoted us a price. You can guarentee we won't give them what they ask for.

A sell on clause is quite a concession from our guys, something which I presume has been asked for by Lille.

Thats not a bad point re Lille asking for it. Got a feeling this will be very close to the bid they will accept, probably try and squeeze a little more though.

Guest Archie

Newcastle puts DebuchyAprès 6M for having made an initial offer of 5 million euros for Mathieu Debuchy, Newcastle returned to the charge this time with an allowance of € 6 million, together with a percentage to the resale of the player. Reportedly, leaders Lille, despite the signing of Djibril Sidibe, expected successor of the French international, have not yet given its response to Magpies

Slim chance that Lille would agree to those terms, afterall he's in his late 20's and the window of opportunity (to another big transfer) is getting narrower. He'd need to have an outstanding debut season (followed by an immediate big-money sale, on the back of that season) in order for Lille to recoup the difference between our upfront money received and their overall 8m valuation.

26 is "in his late 20s" now :yao:

He is one brilliant season in the PL away from being linked with every single top club in london and manchester - at which point he will be 27 and a first choice fullback for the "top-6" for the next 5 years....

If he does well for us I can easily see a 10 mill pound transfer next summer to any of the CL clubs.

Guest Roger Kint

If this bid comes of, he could potentially be one of the best right backs we've ever had at the club.

Please make this happen.

Hope so, seems like he is being build up to Cafu levels :lol:

Mind its not such a wonderful feat in my lifetime given the wonders of Simpson/Griffin/Charvet/BartonBeye(at times) etc

that is a pathetic offer if true. 6 mill euros is nothing for a really good rb (only seen him at the euros).

Sell on fee 20%. smart mike, but it wont happen. if worth 6mill now...what will he be worth in 3 years time when his best years are behind him.

Accept there probably isnt much resale value on this lad. offer what they want (8 mill euro should be enough). give him 5 years and we will have RB position sorted for the next many years.

I find it a bit strange he isnt really linked with other clubs when you think of his valuation?

anyway get him in (at all costs asap)

Problem could be: Pardew also want good new players at CB, DCM, ATT. all we have been linked with is expensive. if we are to believe the interest in carroll, anita and douglas + debuchy, when we are spending a lot of money for ashley standards. maybe simpson could bring in something + best, smith, løvenkrands, guthrie gone. August will be interesting. Dont think we will see any key players leave which is very positive (fingers crossed)

imagine pardew adding the mentioned targets. then our square would probably be the best ever. The right quality and competition in every position + good back up/talents to play in the EL & cups. Seems like a balanced squad. :love:

Wouldn't surprise me if we have negotiated a fee for a second choice, maybe van Der Wiel or Cissokho and this represents a final offer based on the fact that we can get another for less.

Guest Roger Kint

All this talk of the sell on fee being worthless is stupid, he's only 6 months older than Cabaye ffs  :lol:

Close to Cisse to isnt he? :lol:

It's nice having a RB as our primary target and not a central defender, central midfielder or center forward as we are used to. The core is really there, this is just to make us even stronger and add the finishing touches to last summer's rebuilding.

What a team we can put out if a couple of these signings come off.

Guest Archie

that is a pathetic offer if true.

Stopped reading  :idiot2:

4.5 million pounds for one of the best RB`s in europe... I tend to agree.

No wonder this is taking so long, we are offering two sandwiches and a milkshake.

All this talk of the sell on fee being worthless is stupid, he's only 6 months older than Cabaye ffs  :lol:

Close to Cisse to isnt he? :lol:

Cisse is a month older, and we all know he'll be worth peanuts in a years time  :lol:  :idiot2:

Guest Archie

1.5 years older than ben arfa.

Best years behind him :dowiespin:

Different players have different peaks though. I would say on average a full back has the shortest peak as it takes ages to build that defensive experience, and then the legs start to go.

Probably a reason why full backs are generally the cheapest position.