Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Or we'll end-up not getting him at all, tbh. (Which is probably the right thing to do, rather than paying over the top.)

Sooner or later we will be told to sod off with our antics. Which is totally ok,  I guess.

As long as we dont get stuck with Danny S for another season because we wouldnt cough up £ 0.5 mill...

"But reports in France suggested yesterday that not only has Newcastle’s second bid been rejected, but Lille have called negotiations off completely."

:shifty: :shifty:

Somehow I doubt the president would throw all his toys out over 300k...

http://i.imgur.com/TBT0i.png

Wenger wants Der Wiel according to some rags today

Unless Der Wiel changes his position to some vague attacking midfielder that can sort of play on both sides and has an alright shot on him I just don't see this happening.

It's not the Arsenal way.

http://www.nordeclair.fr/Sports/Football/2012/08/05/sur-le-terrain-debuchy-est-bien-la.shtml

Very disappointed after the breakdown of talks with Newcastle, Mathieu Debuchy played for the first time this season. And if the boy is frustrated, it really did not show on the pitch.

He was like a shadow in the mixed zone. And a little nod rebuffed reporters who wanted to snatch a few words. Mathieu Debuchy obviously did not want to talk to them right now. And he didn't have the heart to smile either. His week has been frustrating, with Thursday's decision of Michel Seydoux to break off negotiations with Newcastle. The English club which owns Yohan Cabaye, dream of having the right side of the France team. He really wants it too. But the two clubs have not agreed financially. And the official position, for now, is that Mathieu Debuchy, 27 years, including more than half of them at LOSC, will always be there this season.

He did not like this and said so this week to our colleagues at L'Equipe. But last night, it did not stop him putting on the Lille shirt. Starting for the first time in a pre-season that he joined a fortnight ago (after playing the Euro with France), he played in his usual position. And during his 70 minutes on the field, he never seemed to hold back. "It's not in his nature. We know that this is good news for us and he will play the game," said one staff member before the match.

Rudi Garcia himself, did not say anything after the game: "He did not have much choice. The club made a decision on him. He also knows he has every incentive to be playing well, for his future in the France team. I have no concerns about it."

Yesterday, Debuchy played like Debuchy. Immediately involved in a meeting that his team dominated, he ran back and forth on his flank and provided opportunities for the attack. Defensively, Pitroipa never really caused him problems. Of course, there were still some technical inaccuracies and optimum fitness will take a while. Replaced 20 minutes from the end of the game by Lucas Digne, Debuchy is likely to keep his place for next Saturday against Saint-Etienne. Rudi Garcia who had also played his strongest team yesterday (except maybe Roux in place of De Melo) knows: "It was important to put him in and give him playing time."

By plunging him into competitive games, Debuchy will move on faster. Or at least will wait until the exit door possibly opens again before the end of summer. His captain Rio Mavuba has not even taken the initiative to talk to him: "It was not worth it. I understand what he saw and wanted to leave. In fact, I told him one thing: that I preferred to keep him with us. For I know that the team is stronger with him."

It's coming... but we need a CB, I'm still frightened as to what happens if Saylor hops on a boat and sails away for 10 months again, this is so ridic. Even with our fullback play, nor Saylor or Colo really has the lightening speed to gap anything unless our back 4 is on the 5 yard box line.

WHERE IS THE TRANSFERS :(

Even if he handed in a transfer request Seydoux would reject it and be like 'Lol tu mad?'

I'm guessing he would be entitled to some form of loyalty bonus (á la Barton at City) and by handing in a written transfer request he would forego that thereby providing Lille with yet further financial incentive. I also think it makes a very, very certain statement of intent. I know it doesn't always work but I'm surprised he hasn't.

I'm resigned to us signing nobody of note this summer anyway, so if we do get this guy it's a bonus, if not then it's precisely what I expect anyway.

Bit morbid with a little less than a month to go though mate?

I'm resigned to us signing nobody of note this summer anyway, so if we do get this guy it's a bonus, if not then it's precisely what I expect anyway.

Even tho some were saying this in jan this year, we still pulled off the cisse signing.