Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

From watching Dietmar Hamann and Robbie Savage discuss their own transfers (see below), if Debuchy really wants to come to NUFC he could probably force his move through. He could hand in a written transfer request for a start. Modric got the move he wanted (admittedly Spurs held on to him a season longer than Modric wanted). I'll be surprised if Dempsey is still at Fulham when the window closes.

Focus Forum: What's it like to move in the transfer window?

Dan Walker is joined by former players Dietmar Hamman and Robbie Savage for this week's Focus Forum to discuss what it's like to move clubs during the transfer window.

Video: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19378900

Hamann talks about his transfer from NUFC to Liverpool.

Aye but its not the way to behave, and to be fair to most player they dont act like that to get their own way.

If they really want to move (like Savage and Hamman themselves there, or more recently possibly Carroll, Cassano, Dempsey, Given, Fletcher, Bolasie, Olsson, Jarvis, Berra, Holt, Bunn etc etc etc), more will than won't imho.

So wrong though, so disrepectful to the club you are playing for and especially the fans.

Savage was prime example of how arrogant and distasteful footballers can be. He reckoned he wanted to move to be closer to his family and promptly joined a club actually further away than the one he left.

Edit : Holt didn't move in the end though did he ?.

Nope. It was rejected. :D

/and fair play to him, he signed a new contract.

So wrong though, so disrepectful to the club you are playing for and especially the fans.

Savage was prime example of how arrogant and distasteful footballers can be. He reckoned he wanted to move to be closer to his family and promptly joined a club actually further away than the one he left.

You need to watch the video. Savage discusses that move and says he did live closer. The press measured the distance from somewhere he wasn't living.

If NUFC don't sign Debuchy some fans will complain that NUFC should have paid Lille what they wanted. All I'm saying is that Debuchy could push harder from his side. If he doesn't want to fall out with Lille or their fans that's fair enough but the least he could do is hand in an official transfer request. Whether that would make any difference to his price only Lille would know.

You need to watch the video. Savage discusses that move and says he did live closer. The press measured the distance from somewhere he wasn't living.

If NUFC don't sign Debuchy some fans will complain that NUFC should have paid Lille what they wanted. All I'm saying is that Debuchy could push harder from his side. If he doesn't want to fall out with Lille or their fans that's fair enough but the least he could do is hand in an official transfer request. Whether that would make any difference to his price only Lille would know.

Boyhood club and all to be fair, can see why he'd find it hard to do to the fans and so. Seems he wants the move for a new challenge rather than anything else, so fucking off the fans whilst leaving is probably something he doesn't want to do.

Unless he's a cunt holding out for his loyalty bonus, which  may well be. I just hope not.

Guest bimpy474

Transer requests are fine by me mate, they are part and parcel of football and it might have helped us if Debuchy had put one it. Its going on strike and refusing to play that i was on about.

Guest bimpy474

Would he not be second fiddle to Ramos there? Hopefully first team football would swing it.

Ramos plays centre half for Real. Its Arbeloa at RB ;)

France Football are reporting that Real Madrid want Mathieu Debuchy and are ready to offer €10m #NUFC you have competition.

Real Madrid are ready to offer €10m which is €2m more than the €8m we thought Lille were holding out for?

I don't think we know anything whats going on behind the scenes really.

There must be a reason why we can not agree on this deal imo.

this has to be the biggest blunders MA make since 2009?

Not at all.  Lille is asking for a price that we don't think he's worth.  It's pretty simple.

It sucks, but it's cut and dry.

So why not go for another RB? Surely there were back-up options.

Guest bimpy474

Not at all.  Lille is asking for a price that we don't think he's worth.  It's pretty simple.

We're constantly told that by Pardew that they work down a list, i'm afraid i haven't seen any of that. Really do think that is bullshit at times.

We're constantly told that by Pardew that they work down a list, i'm afraid i haven't seen any of that. Really do think that is bullshit at times.

It is. 

I mean really, if we had 5 players in a list for the positions needing strengthened, and we can only afford one of, say, 15 players, then what's the point of having the list at all?

It's still wheeling and dealing, albeit highly educated thanks to Carr.

Guest bimpy474

It is. 

I mean really, if we had 5 players in a list for the positions needing strengthened, and we can only afford one of, say, 15 players, then what's the point of having the list at all?

It's still wheeling and dealing, albeit highly educated thanks to Carr.

O0