Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Lille Chairman is never going to sell to us.

Simpson isn't the best (stating the obvious) but he's a decent professional and far from the worst full back around. Santon can cover right back, Anita can cover left back, Perch/Raylor can cover RB & LB, Tavernier/Ferguson maybe options.. Maybe not the greatest backups but I'd say if we're only going to bring one player in striker has probably become more important. Shola is constantly injuried and the Dembas will be off to the ACON in Jan so we definitely need another body in that department.

Lille chairman Michel Seydoux claims failure to qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage would not force the club to part with Mathieu Debuchy.

Were they to drop out of Europe's premier club competition on Wednesday, interest in Debuchy is likely to intensify.

Seydoux, though, maintains that he will not be forced into a sale and remains optimistic regarding Lille's chances of turning the Copenhagen tie around.

He told L'Equipe: "If we fail to qualify for the Champions League would I be forced to accept Newcastle's proposal? You know that I am not very flexible when it comes to business.

"We didn't show enough fighting spirit during the first leg in Denmark but I feel we found that last Saturday against Nice (in a 2-2 draw)."

Sky Sports

Reading between the lines:

1. Seydoux didnt say he's definitely not selling.

2. We do have an offer standing.

Conclusion: Lille will sell for the right price but most likely not happening due to hardball by both parties.

I don't see it myself. 

He clearly has no problem hanging on to an unsettled player rather than weaken their team, fair enough imo.

He seems intent on not selling to us, clearly p*ssed him off with our cheeky bids :lol:

Debuchy obviously isn't too miffed about staying either as he hasn't said anything lately.

I reckon we're happy with Simpson at the back and having Anita to cover if needs be (at least till January) so we're not likely to budge.

just doesn't seem like going through

cue him announced at Benton tomorrow...please

The way we go about our dealings, we will sometimes come across people who take exception to it.

...... and the way we go about our dealings also means that no one outside a small inner group, and that includes the best informed hacks, knows anything about what we're up to.

Only expect the unexpected from NUFC nowadays.

French eurosport site have mentioned we could be making a new €7,5m bid in their Debuchy to Real article.

Nice, let's tie this up and hopefully avoid any suicides in the 'thoughts on the summer's transfer window' thread

new 7.5m euro bid gone in apparently

According to who?

French eurosport site have mentioned we could be making a new €7,5m bid in their Debuchy to Real article.

unless it's now being picked up elsewhere...