Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

All those who blindly defended him last season are pretty quiet. January to September and still not as good as the guy we let go on a free to a championship club.

When Cabaye leaves we've got to get rid of him, he went to shit at Lille when he left, he's bottled it at just the thought of him going. We need to sell them both back to a french club, could live with that especialy if we bring in trippier & McCarthy to replace them. We could do that with money to spare whatever the offers.

Should have got Clyne when we had the chance, this club jut won't look seriously enough at what is on offer on these shores.

Come off it, it's a lazy argument. Debuchy had a nightmare performance because of Mathieu Debuchy, not because of his nationality. He was lazy, disinterested, and clumsy, which has nothing to do with being French or playing in Ligue 1.

Nothing to do with having no experience of the Premier League? Give over, man.

Nothing personal, you seem like a very decent chap but you just don't understand the difference between English football and whatever laid-back crap you've been brought up on.

Another weak as piss argument. You're full of them today.

Explain then, in all your infinite English wisdom, how MYM hasn't looked nearly as poor to that extent while playing fullback, despite having fewer PL games under his belt than Debuchy?

Or, why our seasoned English defender of 230+ appearances in English football looked even worse than our French RB until he was mercifully sent-off. Seems to me he doesn't understand English football either.

MYM's just a far better defender than Debuchy, but he's also struggled with English football in his first 6 months. Certainly never looked anything like a captain of a title winning side in the middle of the defence. He has the time and the talent to adapt.

And Taylor looked worse than Debuchy before being sent off? Have a word. Debuchy's been a liability since January.

MYM also has 110 fewer top-flight appearances than Debuchy. It takes young defenders from any league time to adjust. If he were Debuchy's age, he'd have slid into the squad with far more ease.

Taylor was abysmal. He's only saved by the fact that he wasn't allowed to play the second half and Debuchy was.

Debuchy was as bad as I've seen from a NUFC player in a long time. 

Bollocks, like. There were worse performances towards the end of last season. One of them was even Debuchy himself.

Bollocks, like. There were worse performances towards the end of last season. One of them was even Debuchy himself.

I was on holiday during the Liverpool and Sunderland debacles tbf.

You picked a great time to holiday.

I thought that Taylor was at least as bad tonight.

Not nearly. Debuchy got beat off the ball by Samir Nasri and then we conceded. Nasri. Lucky to escape without giving away a penalty. Gave away a silly freekick just as we had diverted an attack. Just looked ropey as owt from kick-off.

I was on holiday during the Liverpool and Sunderland debacles tbf.

You picked a great time to holiday.

Coachella and Egypt. Think i'll choose an international week next time I jet off.

Come off it, it's a lazy argument. Debuchy had a nightmare performance because of Mathieu Debuchy, not because of his nationality. He was lazy, disinterested, and clumsy, which has nothing to do with being French or playing in Ligue 1.

Nothing to do with having no experience of the Premier League? Give over, man.

Nothing personal, you seem like a very decent chap but you just don't understand the difference between English football and whatever laid-back crap you've been brought up on.

Have to say the lack of experience could well hurt us this season, with Debuchy being the most obvious example.

Only Coloccini, Jonas, Shola, and Taylor have made more than 100 appearances in the Premier League and two of them are crap.

Perch, RTaylor, Best, and Simpson were far from great players but they at least knew how to be effective (at times anyway).

Of the Man United team that beat Swansea the outfield players with the least Premiership experience were Cleverley (33 games), Jones (81 games) and Welbeck (100), and they have all been brought up playing football in this country. All the rest have hundreds and hundreds of games under their belt. On paper they might not look like the best team in the league but they will all know what they are doing. Some of our players clearly don't.

It was a shocking performance from Debuchy, don't recall Simpson having a bad game close to this

The positive thing is that he certainly can't do worse than tonight

The thing is the guy has shown to be a very good player, both for France and Lille so hopefully he can sort it out and play like we know he can