Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Think Willo-Mapou might be able to form a Mertesacker-Koscielny like partnership myself. The last time Colo was consistently good was probably around the time Vermaelen was consistently good.

Quite similar actually, our lot are nowhere near as intelligent as the Arsenal duo though.

Think Willo-Mapou might be able to form a Mertesacker-Koscielny like partnership myself. The last time Colo was consistently good was probably around the time Vermaelen was consistently good.

Quite similar actually, our lot are nowhere near as intelligent as the Arsenal duo though.

Mapou is.

Mapou is.

I've never seen a defender run away from a ball but I won't start that again.

Aye. Partnerships mean much more than individual ability.

Mapou is.

Don't be so stupid, man.

Guest frazernufc

I think this man enjoys the nervousness he creates while waiting for the free kick to be taken after hes crunched someone right on the edge of the area. At first i think what a wanker he is for the needless foul, then when the free kicks over I like the fact he made me live a little bit more on the edge that day.

Mertesacker aside from his pace issues is on a different level too any of our centre backs.

Yeah he is, he's totally on a different level intelligence wise to Mbiwa, that's for sure. As I've said on here before, he's a perfect example of an CB who simply knows how to compensate for his lack of athleticism.

Mertesacker aside from his pace issues is on a different level too any of our centre backs.

Yeah he is, he's totally on a different level intelligence wise to Mbiwa, that's for sure. As I've said on here before, he's a perfect example of an CB who simply knows how to compensate for his lack of athleticism.

:thup:

Mapou is.

John Terry when we played them. It happens quite often actually even though coaches always say go to the man. You probs don't get to watch any games.

I really do want Anita back there, but I think we forget how many headers Debuchy wins in a match from his right back position.

He is amazing in the air, will miss that no matter who replaces him.

That's what makes me think Pards will most likely go for Mbiwa at RB.

Mapou is.

John Terry when we played them. It happens quite often actually even though coaches always say go to the man. You probs don't get to watch any games.

I've been to over 100 football matches in the last 5 years.

I've never seen a defender run away from a long ball straight down the middle.

Mapou is.

Yawn.

We have 3 promising young LBs, and 1 experienced at his peak RB. No depth for him, naturally...classic stuff.

I don't think its too bad a situation tbh. 4 fullbacks, yes 3 are young but 1 has played nearly 150 top level games. Whether or not you rate these players is another matter, but the club has 2 fullbacks and then two pushing them so long as they're fit.

Unless you're Man City you don't have 4 of close quality and experience, even Chelsea throw in Bertrand when Cole is out and he's a very ordinary footballer.

I rate all of them, and I wasn't being clear with my point. Just a shame that we have exciting prospects in Haidara and Dummett who've slotted in and done a decent job and we are lacking in that young, depth on the right side.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Mapou is.

David Luiz did it the other week.

Boom 1-0 Cardiff.

Mapou is.

I've got 104 friends.

Mapou is.

Well done you've had a ST somewhere for 5 years.

Mapou is.

Well done you've had a ST somewhere for 5 years.

Give that man a Gary Medel

Mapou is.

David Luiz did it the other week.

Boom 1-0 Cardiff.

He's another one that relies on pace to make up for his inadequate positional sense. I think he could be a tremendous CB (the same way Mapou can) but he seems to only concentrate in bigger games.