Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

why are anyone bothered about the fee, not like the t*** is going to reinvest much is he?

Why do people just repeat things Dave says as if it is their own new opinion?

I'm so sorry skeletor, I wasn't aware that certain people are not allowed to have the same opinion.

:tobey:

Apology accepted mate.

8 million is not that outrageous, maybe the boy handed in a transfer request.

Some might think of him like some world beater simply because we havent had a decent right back for years.

He's not that great.

Perhaps that's why people aren't right thrilled about selling the one we've got then. :lol:

£8m in his transfer market, with the new tv money, just isn't very much.

I don't care too much, i'm not sure if i'm going to bother watching much football next season.

That's the thing though, it's a movable feast these days.

Some might think of him like some world beater simply because we havent had a decent right back for years.

He's not that great.

Perhaps that's why people aren't right thrilled about selling the one we've got then. :lol:

..for Peanuts to one of the most Cash Rich teams in the league.

He's not that great.

I would had thought most of us had already resigned to losing the boy anyway and don't really care any more, regardless of the money.

Bet old Siem is starting to question the Champions league ambitions already

The lad's been sold an utter lie, not his fault tbh. He's not the first and won't be the last player to fall for the spin and bullshit. Far too trusting but he'll soon have his eyes opened, the poor cunt.

The lad's been sold an utter lie, not his fault tbh. He's not the first and won't be the last player to fall for the spin and bullshit. Far too trusting but he'll soon have his eyes opened, the poor cunt.

Anyone who joins us NUFC now knows the score, or ought to.

He's here for the wages, and the chance to move to Liverpool in two years.

Pards probly showed him Ryan Taylors free kicks and said don't worry Siem our real first choice right back has been injured for awhile Debuchy was only a stop gap.  :lol:

Guest Nixon

The lad's been sold an utter lie, not his fault tbh. He's not the first and won't be the last player to fall for the spin and bullshit. Far too trusting but he'll soon have his eyes opened, the poor c***.

People keep saying this, but do you really think a Dutch international is that naive?

Do you not think he has advisors on top of his agent scouting the clubs that are interested in his services? I know players far smaller than Siem de Jong who do a logo f research on prospective suitors.

I think he's probably been told that and has said it so it's on record. That way he comes here, does well, and if we aren't there he's got his exit strategy. This game is very PR orientated now. The idea he's some meek little lamb who's been conned by us is somewhat misleading.

He's here for the wages, and the chance to move to Liverpool in two years.

:lol:

Imagine if they were that honest.

The lad's been sold an utter lie, not his fault tbh. He's not the first and won't be the last player to fall for the spin and bullshit. Far too trusting but he'll soon have his eyes opened, the poor c***.

People keep saying this, but do you really think a Dutch international is that naive?

Do you not think he has advisors on top of his agent scouting the clubs that are interested in his services? I know players far smaller than Siem de Jong who do a logo f research on prospective suitors.

I think he's probably been told that and has said it so it's on record. That way he comes here, does well, and if we aren't there he's got his exit strategy. This game is very PR orientated now. The idea he's some meek little lamb who's been conned by us is somewhat misleading.

I wouldn't have thought so. He may well have researched the club, but also he prob had extensive meetings with our lot, who would have told him about what we hope to achieve etc. It's hardly a stretch to think that he might well have took it at face value.  he's hardly going to turn around when he wants a move and say "well they said they were aiming for the champions league"

The bloke came out and praised Pardew's honesty ffs. Of course he's been hoodwinked.

The most duplicitous snake in the sport and De Jong praises the very quality he simply doesn't possess. Ridiculous.

Guest Nixon

I wouldn't have thought so. He may well have researched the club, but also he prob had extensive meetings with our lot, who would have told him about what we hope to achieve etc. It's hardly a stretch to think that he might well have took it at face value.  he's hardly going to turn around when he wants a move and say "well they said they were aiming for the champions league"

He'll likely have English representatives too, or at least a company with links to English clubs/the league. It's very common to seek outside opinions that are objective of the situation (i.e. with nothing to gain). Tim Vickery has mentioned doing this a lot, being an information point for clubs.

I think he'll be aware of our league finishes and the shit season we just had/our lack of spending. I'll concede he may not be cynical enough to use it like I first proposed, but I bet there's part of him questioning how honest they are.

The sad thing is, de Jong is the kind of player we should be looking at to get that Champions League football.

He'll likely have English representatives too, or at least a company with links to English clubs/the league. It's very common to seek outside opinions that are objective of the situation (i.e. with nothing to gain). Tim Vickery has mentioned doing this a lot, being an information point for clubs.

I think he'll be aware of our league finishes and the s*** season we just had/our lack of spending. I'll concede he may not be cynical enough to use it like I first proposed, but I bet there's part of him questioning how honest they are.

The sad thing is, de Jong is the kind of player we should be looking at to get that Champions League football.

Yeah definitely, I think he'll have questioned it but I do think they'll have sold him an a pipe dream. PR/Spin similar to what Cabaye was told in regard to the football we would play.

SDJ wins regardless to be fair:

He performs well and ge gets sold to a bigger club.

He doesn't and we are stuck with his sizeable wage for 6 years ala Obertan.

yep and i'm almost 100 percent sure, players like Siem de Jong, Debuchy , Sissoko, Cabaye, Mbiwa etc all had some sort of agreement with fat Mike.  If not written then its verbal, that when a right offer comes in we wont stand in their way if they choose to move.  That's how we do our so called great deals.  Our club is a vehicle, a platform now.