Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

I think £8m is a bit low, but I'm not arsed about him going. Ok he liked to bomb down the wing but he always back off when defending and could never produce a decent cross when he attacked.

I think he would actually be weak link in Arsenals defence next season.

I don't think we should sign a RB though, move Santon back over to RB and get a LB.

Christ we will barely have eleven players come the start of the season. At least the king will have some ready made excuses

Said on here for a while now, I genuinely believe this is Ashley's vision. Have a core squad of 18, then just drop in kids from the u21 setup as and when injuries occur.

It's not like us having a small squad has just happened overnight, it's been like this for at least the past four seasons. It's an utterly absurd way of looking at things, but suits the business model perfectly. However, when you've got a manager and a set of coaches who possess a total inability to develop younger players, with the manager in particular never selecting them again if they don't put in a man of the match performance on debut, then it simply won't work.

I think £8m is a bit low, but I'm not arsed about him going. Ok he liked to bomb down the wing but he always back off when defending and could never produce a decent cross when he attacked.

I don't think we should sign a RB though, move Santon back over to RB and get a LB.

Stiffy  :yao:

Guest bimpy474

While i liked him a lot, personally i think he could be replaced for £5-6m with a clever bit of transfer work. Doubt we will though.

Are you confusing him with Danny Simpson?  ???

Are you confusing him with Danny Simpson?  ???

I've never rated him defensively, he backs off just as bad as Simpson did. Too many times I've seen Colo/Williamson have to come across and cover him whilst leaving a gap in the middle. He's not a FB, a winger maybe but certainly not a FB.

I'll get slated for saying this but I'd rather a FB who just sat and held his position without getting forward and staying back closing people down, tackling, and preventing crosses from coming in. Debuchy never did that, and when the crosses did come in 9 times out of 10 the ball went passed him and it was left to someone else to deal with it, or not as it happened a lot.

:aww: one less wage to worry about guys

Seriously though, disappointed that he is leaving after such a short spell here but entirely predictable unfortunately.

In actual fact I'm glad the fee is so low, less money to line the pockets of the fat man.

Good sides who dominate the ball can afford full backs who are more attack minded. Sides that sit deep and invite the opposition to attack at every opportunity for 45 minutes need four defensively switched on players across the back line. Even then you're asking for trouble.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/04/mathieu-debuchy-set-for-arsenal-medical-after-newcastle-accept-7-8million-offer-4787394/

L’Equipe reports that after talks this week, Newcastle have now accepted an offer worth £7.9million for the 28-year-old.

The French newspaper says the fee could rise to £12million with bonus payments, but Arsenal will feel they have pulled off a bargain when the deal goes through as expected.

How often do we hear the club saying they will only allow a player to leave on their terms but now we have the press saying Arsenal have got themselves a bargain. 

Cabaye went for less than they wanted and they backed themselves into a corner with Enrique.  Given went for less than he was worth as well.  And all to clubs that could afford a lot more.  Then the players they do want shot of, they can't give away.

They are not as clever at selling players as they like to think they are and we seem to give in sooner than the clubs that we are trying to buy players from do.

He was good... I liked him... But he wasn't great... "if" we reinvest we should be able to replace him without too much trouble if we trust Carr...

This. but as always its a very big IF ..

not a single person who is employed from the coaching staff to executive board level have a fucking  clue what they are doing, basically.

:sadnod:

I know this is a really stupid thing to say, but we could probably do a better job if we picked 20 people off here to run the club  :smug:

If I thought the fee we get would have any influence on more incoming then I would be bothered. It won't though. It's all about finding players who will bring a profit in later. If Ashley could replace Debuchy with a right back who cost £15m and he was 100% certain there would be a profit on him in 2 years he would do it. The fee we get for any player means fuck all under him, its all about potential to sell. Its disgusting.

not a single person who is employed from the coaching staff to executive board level have a f***ing  clue what they are doing, basically.

I know this is a really stupid thing to say, but we could probably do a better job if we picked 20 people off here to run the club  :smug:

Not stupid at all. We've got the best interests of the club and the supporters at heart so we would definitely do a better job than this shower of crap. Day 1 would end with Pardew getting his P45 for a start and that would improve our outlook no end.

He was good... I liked him... But he wasn't great... "if" we reinvest we should be able to replace him without too much trouble if we trust Carr...

He was tbh and if he wasn't great then we haven't seen a great RB in 20 years.

not a single person who is employed from the coaching staff to executive board level have a f***ing  clue what they are doing, basically.

thursday is bum training day

Glad he's going. The more instances of this bullshit that happens, the more likely it is that the standard fuckwit down the pub will actually realize they're being s*** on.

Another 15 years and they might consider not buying the 3rd kit once in a while.