Everton 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/05/12 - post-match reaction from page 55

Dave

Guest WashyGeordie

Oh, now I noticed the name change. Seems I need to do some proper reading of this thread later then.

I was on about because Hibbert scored an OG, not the name change, btw. :lol:

Guest BooBoo

That's Heza09's flag.

Does anybody else feel just a tiny bit disappointed with how we performed yesterday? Obviously the season was fantastic but I was mildly ticked off that we approached a massive game with little gusto and never looked likely or indeed that arsed. The other teams won, making it ultimately moot but on yet another big day, we didn't really show up to the party.

Slightly pissed off yeah but at least Everton were playing pretty well too. It was the points dropped against poor teams that's more annoying (in scheme of things off games are understandable though, we've had a great season way above where I expected), that's where we dropped the points that cost us the champions league, not away at an in form everton who can beat anyone imo.

Slightly p*ssed off yeah but at least Everton were playing pretty well too. It was the points dropped against poor teams that's more annoying (in scheme of things off games are understandable though, we've had a great season way above where I expected), that's where we dropped the points that cost us the champions league, not away at an in form everton who can beat anyone imo.

arsenal and spurs dropped points against poorer teams aswell. they were slightly better overall throughout the season. it's pointless to try and bring it down to certain instances and specific matches.

Well it is I aggree really, fully believe you deserve whatever place you finish nothing more nothing less, can't know what would have happened if points had gone different in a specific game may have had different effects further down the league.

I hope the pissed 17 year old on his birthday stood next to me yesterday fucks off and never attend an away game again, didn't even watch the game and spent 90 minutes slagging off and having a go at other Newcastle supporters. He probably had one too many alcopops on the bus down the.stupid, annoying twat.

Aye, I saw him kicking off, what a prick.

Atmosphere was class all the way through. Some quality fancy dress as well.  Anyone from here in this pic? Good effort!

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1820/p1030431medium.jpg

Guest BooBoo

Atmosphere was in the main class yesterday but I wish we'd stop the cringey sign on/you stole my stereo chants.

Agreed, miles out of date.

Another one of my pet annoyances is away games when the meat heads lose their temper and start shouting at pinpointed home fans, "You and me! Fucking outside! I'll see you fucking outside! Come on!"

Utter tittery.

Atmosphere was in the main class yesterday but I wish we'd stop the cringey sign on/you stole my stereo chants.

Agreed, miles out of date.

Another one of my pet annoyances is away games when the meat heads lose their temper and start shouting at pinpointed home fans, "You and me! Fucking outside! I'll see you fucking outside! Come on!"

Utter tittery.

There was a kid next to me at the end doing that, laughable.

That's Heza09's flag.

Does anybody else feel just a tiny bit disappointed with how we performed yesterday? Obviously the season was fantastic but I was mildly ticked off that we approached a massive game with little gusto and never looked likely or indeed that arsed. The other teams won, making it ultimately moot but on yet another big day, we didn't really show up to the party.

Not sure if having such a low vantage point helps sometimes like i did but I totally agree I thought we were very disappointing all over the pitch... I also thought it was a terrible decision (who ever made it?) to wear a strip in what could of been the most vital game of the season which has very poor visibility... Actually joked about it on the way to the match but thought the times we will actually need to wear it were very low... Couldn't believe we decided to debut it on Sunday... Just blended in with the crowd etc and completely disappeared in the more shadowed areas of the pitch... Never understood in an age when fortunes are spent to gain an extra 1% from players that you pay no thought in the colour of the kit you choose to wear... Always believe you should were socks and tops that stand out in the conditions you are faced with...

That's Heza09's flag.

Not sure if having such a low vantage point helps sometimes like i did but I totally agree I thought we were very disappointing all over the pitch... I also thought it was a terrible decision (who ever made it?) to wear a strip in what could of been the most vital game of the season which has very poor visibility... Actually joked about it on the way to the match but thought the times we will actually need to wear it were very low... Couldn't believe we decided to debut it on Sunday... Just blended in with the crowd etc and completely disappeared in the more shadowed areas of the pitch... Never understood in an age when fortunes are spent to gain an extra 1% from players that you pay no thought in the colour of the kit you choose to wear... Always believe you should were socks and tops that stand out in the conditions you are faced with...

:lol:

Would you have said the same if we'd worn the black away strip? Ridiculous point.

Guest BooBoo

There was no reason to wear the shirt other than to publicise it.

Not that I really think it had anything to do with the result. It was more our attitude which wasn't good and there's barely been any previous occasions Ive said that this seasn. We lacked heart, belief and energy and it was a let down that rather than bow out scrapping, we were distinctly second best and perhaps fortunate we weren't on the reverse of another heavy away defeat. Everton have had a lengthier season than us so the "tired" excuse holds no water. They simply wanted it more when really all they had to play for was pride, whilst we had a CL slot up for grabs.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2012/05/pienaar-in-handcuffs/

Steven Pienaar was handcuffed to the showers at Goodison Park last night as the Everton squad showed their desperation for him to stay.

The squad were in high spirits as the season ended, but made sure the South African was under no illusions as to how they felt about his loan spell from Spurs ending.

“They [the players] have handcuffed him [Pienaar] to the showers,” goalkeeper Tim Howard said.

“He’s not going back down to London. We tease Steven all the time. He has to stay at Everton.

“This is his home. He knows it, we know it.”

okaaaaaaaaay