Apart from finishing 5th what has shocked/suprised you this season?

binnsy

Guest neesy111

That we've had no more than two fit CBs all season. There was no overlap between Williamson/Saylor IIRC (unless Williamson was available at the start of the season and I've forgotten).

An big injury to colo would have derailed the season imo.

Signing Cisse. A stunning transfer that has paid off ridiculously well and might well hint at a change in philosophy at the top. I had been asking at the time why they didn't trust Carr/Pardew with more funds if they believed in their ability to sign good players so strongly, and they went and did it to the tune of nearly £10m; easily the biggest spend since Ashley got his feet under the table properly.

I'm under no illusions that our best players may be poached this summer, but I now have confidence that not only is our scouting system capable of finding great quality for little cash, they can and will be backed with decent funds if the deal is right. Really promising stuff.

Guest BooBoo

The amount of new threads started on the last day of the season, compared to any given other day.

Good to see. Creating threads has seemingly gone out of fashion with more emphasis in mega threads. Bring back spurious threads I say!

Obviously one = Perch stepping up the plate.

Another one that no one has mentioned yet is are surprisingly good run of fortune with injuries.

S Taylor ----> Williamson

Best ----> Cisse

When the former two got injured the latter two came in just at the right time. Ok having Saylor out for season was a blow but not as bad as we have had a few seasons back.

The amount of new threads started on the last day of the season, compared to any given other day.

Good to see. Creating threads has seemingly gone out of fashion with more emphasis in mega threads. Bring back spurious threads I say!

I'd rather discuss this in Not Worthy Of A Thread, thanks bye.

That we more or less went almost a whole season without a fuckoff deflected goal conceded until today.

After 2010/11 where we seemingly conceded exclusively from deflections at times. :lol:

This viewpoint was comprehensively bumfucked into submission last time it was raised. :razz:

Guest BooBoo

I don't recall bidding you farewell?

Guest bimpy474

How much the press (bad stuff) has left us alone, once Joey left, and even the renaming didn't get stirred up half as much as i thought it would.

I suppose KKK and the massive racists have helped like.

I don't recall bidding you farewell?

Oh, hello again then mate.

Guest BooBoo

Seriously, I think the way Liverpool dealt with the Suarez affair was probably the most shocking thing of the season. Hilarious watching the entire club dig itself deeper and deeper into a hole until their sponsors chipped in, prompting grovelling apologies.

Seriously, I think the way Liverpool dealt with the Suarez affair was probably the most shocking thing of the season. Hilarious watching the entire club dig itself deeper and deeper into a hole until their sponsors chipped in, prompting grovelling apologies.

Was laughably poor, how they handled that. Funny as fuck how few of their fans recognised it as well.

Pardew, James Perch, our work-rate and team unity, our scouting & backroom setup

iverpool's demise, the manner in which city won the title, joey barton could actually fall further to rock bottom...

Gary Neville being the best pundit on tv.

This for sure.

With us - how tough we have been in getting results against the odds at various times. The discipline of the side has been excellent.

In the Premiership - Wigan suddenly deciding to play like a top-six side.

on things not to do with us

the overall standard of defending in the league as evidenced more than any other game by the Chelsea-Arsenal game early this season

City's win at Old Trafford, never thought I'd see that happen to Man U on their own turf

Arsenals recovery from a summer of chaos and the 8-2 to third place.

Wigans recovery from what seemed certain relegation

The fact stoke are still called plucky underdogs despite spending a shitload

Man U's throwing away of an 8 point lead-another thing you just don't expect to happen to them especially in a title run in

The Muamba thing

Getting 4 points off Man Utd in a season when they finished on equal points as the champions.

The amount of "goal of the season" contenders we scored in 1 season.

Number of clean sheets.