Paul Lambert appointed manager of Aston Villa

AlanSkÃrare

Hughton would disappoint me abandoning brum for villa. Think he owes them another season. No Europe and they could make a serious push for automatic promotion

Been rumours of a firesale, transfer embargos and potential points deductions.

Most important thing was to bin McLeish. Plenty still thought he'd stay.

The fact they've booted him out less than 24 hours after the end of the season is to be rejoiced about (if you're me).

Also to be rejoiced is Heskey has left the club.

Honestly, could this week get any better?

Wait, Heskey has left? aw man

Cuellar and Heskey both played their last games yesterday. During the match - hundreds dressed in Cuellar wigs, masks and t shirts, after, Cuellar spends half an hour with the fans, giving out shirts, having photos taken etc.

Heskey - apart from a few choruses of "he's Emile Heskey, he scores when he wants" which were entirely taking the piss, obv, everyone relieved to see the back of him.

Villa are just a club in bottom half purgatory. Very hard to get out of as the culture just gets stuck in the club. In need of very dramatic change. They might tread water for a couple of seasons with an alright manager but it will go downhill again.

He was class at Rangers. MoN bought him and never played him and when he did it was usually at right-back for some reason (while Beye sat on the bench).

I was looking at RTG last week, and they were talking about Cuellar and why he'd fallen from grace.

One bloke said "not helped by that prick McLeish playing him at RB all the time" - totally missing the point that McLeish played him both at RB and CB, and it was "that prick" O'Neill who played him at RB all the time.

Villa are just a club in bottom half purgatory. Very hard to get out of as the culture just gets stuck in the club. In need of very dramatic change. They might tread water for a couple of seasons with an alright manager but it will go downhill again.

Not really. We've had three top six finishes, a ninth place, and a hellish season just now.

If you want to know precisely what the biggest problem has been the last two years, I'll tell you. Lerner and co, having thrown money at it, and had a strong manager who ran the whole shebang on the football side, did no wrong for three or four years.

Then the manager left in spiteful circumstances, and they were left to "run" the football side themselves, and were shown up as woefully out of their depth.

I bet we don';t just change manager, I bet you what you like we get a "football person" in at board level.

Cuellar and Heskey both played their last games yesterday. During the match - hundreds dressed in Cuellar wigs, masks and t shirts, after, Cuellar spends half an hour with the fans, giving out shirts, having photos taken etc.

Heskey - apart from a few choruses of "he's Emile Heskey, he scores when he wants" which were entirely taking the piss, obv, everyone relieved to see the back of him.

Nailed on for Sunderland methinks

Wouldn't put it past O'Neill to sign Heskey either

Nailed on for Sunderland methinks

Wouldn't put it past O'Neill to sign Heskey either

I hope Cuellar goes somewhere better than Sunderland, but I hope Heskey gets a 5 year deal there.

I bet he does wind up there, too.