Gaël Bigirimana rejoins Coventry on a permanent basis

Fenham Mag

Seems f***ing s*** to be a Cov fan atm

They welcomed relegation with open arms.  It finally gave them something to talk about that was related to what happens on the pitch.

Utter s****.

They stayed in the top league through dirty tricks virtually every year.

The strokes they played on the makems (twice).....long overdue and they thoroughy deserve it.

My mates a Sunderland fan and he celebrates their demise.

But can't help but agree. They're only getting what dirty tricks deserve.

They were in the top tier for 34 years and they did it once. The second time had nothing to do with Coventry, save for they had to win their last 3 games to stay up. And the last one ,at home to the Champions , Everton ,was put back until after all other games had been completed, because Everton had the Cup Final and the Cup Winners Cup final to contest. I've lived in Coventry all my life, and even though I' have no time for the football club, this parennial cheating business is just a myth.

It's a club being sucked dry by its owners, who own merely a squad of players. No ground, no training facilities or any assets...they have been bled dry.

No, they did it TWICE to Sunderland, and I can't recall, but I'm pretty sure they did it to someone else.

Their dirty tricks forced the FA to make sure all final games kicked off same day same time.

Due to their deliberately delaying playing champions Everton til all other games were finished previous week and Everton players wanted their holidays  :buck2:

Odd that Everton were twice at the centre of Coventry stroke pulling. No fault of theirs, just in the centre.

Another game Coventry delayed kick off - then Bristol City and Coventry passed the ball between them because the other teams final score was ANNOUNCED OVER PA (edit - someone says flashed on scoreboard. Might have been that)

They got their comeuppance in the end.

Cheats didn't prosper in the end, and thats what they were.

They didn't deliberately delay the Everton fixture, as I've told you, it was delayed because Everton qualified for the Cup Winners Cup final. I t wasn't down to Coventry that all last day fixtures kicked off at the same time, that was started in the 90's way after Coventry's miraculous escape of 1985.

They didn't contribute much to the top flight over their 30 odd years in it, often fighting relegation, but to say they cheated is ridiculous. As I say, the 77-78 occasion wouldn't have happened if the Mackems hadn't lost at Everton, but they in their wisdom decide to blame anybody but themselves.

errr..something does not compute here. If Everton had a some other games to worry about, wouldn´t it be better to play earlier to get as much rest as possible?

everton won the cup winners cup on 15th may, then played,,,,,bugger it, this is easier......http://uk.soccerway.com/national/england/premier-league/1984-1985/regular-season/, as you can see everton played their last couple of games after the end of the season for most clubs (we've done it before but with nothing at stake). the odd league game taking place after everyone else used to be a regular occurence.

everton won the cup winners cup on 15th may, then played,,,,,bugger it, this is easier......http://uk.soccerway.com/national/england/premier-league/1984-1985/regular-season/, as you can see everton played their last couple of games after the end of the season for most clubs (we've done it before but with nothing at stake). the odd league game taking place after everyone else used to be a regular occurence.

Exactly..Everton also reached the FA Cup Final which they played the Saturday before the Euro CWC Final.

Seems f***ing s*** to be a Cov fan atm

They welcomed relegation with open arms.  It finally gave them something to talk about that was related to what happens on the pitch.

Utter s****.

They stayed in the top league through dirty tricks virtually every year.

The strokes they played on the makems (twice).....long overdue and they thoroughy deserve it.

My mates a Sunderland fan and he celebrates their demise.

But can't help but agree. They're only getting what dirty tricks deserve.

They were in the top tier for 34 years and they did it once. The second time had nothing to do with Coventry, save for they had to win their last 3 games to stay up. And the last one ,at home to the Champions , Everton ,was put back until after all other games had been completed, because Everton had the Cup Final and the Cup Winners Cup final to contest. I've lived in Coventry all my life, and even though I' have no time for the football club, this parennial cheating business is just a myth.

It's a club being sucked dry by its owners, who own merely a squad of players. No ground, no training facilities or any assets...they have been bled dry.

No, they did it TWICE to Sunderland, and I can't recall, but I'm pretty sure they did it to someone else.

Their dirty tricks forced the FA to make sure all final games kicked off same day same time.

Due to their deliberately delaying playing champions Everton til all other games were finished previous week and Everton players wanted their holidays  :buck2:

Odd that Everton were twice at the centre of Coventry stroke pulling. No fault of theirs, just in the centre.

Another game Coventry delayed kick off - then Bristol City and Coventry passed the ball between them because the other teams final score was ANNOUNCED OVER PA (edit - someone says flashed on scoreboard. Might have been that)

They got their comeuppance in the end.

Cheats didn't prosper in the end, and thats what they were.

They didn't deliberately delay the Everton fixture, as I've told you, it was delayed because Everton qualified for the Cup Winners Cup final. I t wasn't down to Coventry that all last day fixtures kicked off at the same time, that was started in the 90's way after Coventry's miraculous escape of 1985.

They didn't contribute much to the top flight over their 30 odd years in it, often fighting relegation, but to say they cheated is ridiculous. As I say, the 77-78 occasion wouldn't have happened if the Mackems hadn't lost at Everton, but they in their wisdom decide to blame anybody but themselves.

errr..something does not compute here. If Everton had a some other games to worry about, wouldn´t it be better to play earlier to get as much rest as possible?

Coventry actually played 3 fixtures after most teams had completed theirs. And they had to win all 3. Which they did. The Everton game was put back due to being scheduled for Cup semi final day and then again due to Everton CWC Final. They'd already beaten Stoke away, Luton at home and just needed to beat the Champions to stay up.

• 1 month later...

Been doing some reading and despite him looking like Tiote, he not so much of a 'hard man' as him and doesn't tackle much and is a more of a passer, play maker from deep.

Tiote will obviously change that :tiote:

Been doing some reading and despite him looking like Tiote, he not so much of a 'hard man' as him and doesn't tackle much and is a more of a passer, play maker from deep.

Tiote will obviously change that :tiote:

That does'nt suprise me as a lot of the "DM's" we have been linked with seem to be the positionally good , intercepting and passing sort of DM than a tough tackling DM.

Guest MrSundlofer

From August 2011:

Gael made his League debut today playing the full 90 minutes in a 1-0 defeat to Leicester.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/javaImages/9e/8f/0,,10269~9867166,00.png

Bigirimana was the stand out performer for me. His passing was excellent and he constantly makes himself available. Looked calm, composed and full of confidence. Made no errors in the game barring a bit of a scuffed cross and looks full of skill.

He has leapfrogged Conor Thomas in the pecking order and after todays performance could be an ever-present should he stay fit and healthy.

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/javaImages/62/8f/0,,10269~9867106,00.png

Very very impressed with this lad. Already looks a highly talented and capable player.

This chap is yet to commit to any African side so no worries there right now.

Billyt is from down that way aint he, has he contributed to this thread at all?

Further up this page, nothing about the lad himself.