Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

So who is the odd man out? One striker from now on?

Jonas I reckon.

Front 6 of

Cabaye  Tiote  Anita

HBA

Cisse  Ba

With Cabaye pushing forward more helping the attack and Anite/Tiote sitting back. Sometimes we might have Jonas in a carrier role against weaker teams.

IMO.

How i see it too, hopefully we get Debuchy in as well to add some extra width.

Also before anyone mentions anything about Jonas being dropped. (because there will be at least one) Due to the amount of games, suspensions, injurys,rotation etc etc he will still play a massive part and i'm certain he will play 30+ games.

Yeah, EPL football hasn't been on public TV channels in years in the Netherlands. There are quite a few uninformed football fans over here that think EPL teams still play "kick and rush" like in the 80s. Though you can blame Chelsea's CL campaign last year a bit for fueling that prejudice. :lol:

Based on the Dutch performance at Euro, I don't think they currently have a leg to stand on when criticizing the English game.

Vurnon Anita can at Newcastle United to sign a contract for five years. Ajax receives an amount of 8.5 million based on a fixed amount and bonuses.

"The salary that I wanted was above the new ceiling," said Anita. "Ajax is a beautiful club, where I've played since I was nine. So then your question, yes. But Newcastle is a big club, who last year very well done. They want to play football and I want to also"

http://www.ajaxshowtime.com/hoofdnieuws/64137/anita-kan-voor-5-jaar-naar-newcastle.html

Sorry if Giggs, new quotes!

I was worried when I read that thought he was saying our salary ceiling was too low but does seem to say he's signing a 5 year deal  :)

Think it means Ajax's celing is too low. We are offering more money and are a big club in a bigger league. His reasons for leaving.

As great as this signing is, does it not show football's seriously gone wrong when a player sees turning down a big contract at Ajax, to join us as a step up?

As great as this signing is, does it not show football's seriously gone wrong when a player sees turning down a big contract at Ajax, to join us as a step up?

I sort of get where you're coming from but the alternative is all the best players gravitating to all the most well established clubs. Why would you want that?

If he's due for a medical today, he'll be on the 8:30 KLM from Amsterdam...

:megusta:

http://data.whicdn.com/images/26752839/A51_large.gif

I don't see a whole lot wrong with Newcastle United being a prestigious team in a prestigious league.

If he's due for a medical today, he'll be on the 8:30 KLM from Amsterdam...

:megusta:

Private flight with Llambias and Lee Charnley? Fuck it .. it must be that flight someone get to the airport with a camera quick!

Indeed lads, to the Vurnmobil!

I don't see a whole lot wrong with Newcastle United being a prestigious team in a prestigious league.

Best team in the world!

The Journal

ALAN Pardew was last night hopeful of finalising his first significant pre-season signing after Ajax admitted Vurnon Anita is set for a move to Newcastle.

Free LOVEFiLM Trial The 23-year-old, who can play in midfield or at left-back, is expected to agree personal terms after both clubs agreed a fee of £6million.

Despite getting some success at long last in terms of signings, Newcastle manager Pardew took a swipe at football’s greed, which he blamed for his lack of activity in the transfer market.

However, after losing out on Luuk de Jong and with the much-anticipated Mathieu Debuchy deal still to be done, the Magpies boss will have at least one new face in his squad before the Tottenham game this Saturday. Anita, named alongside Magpies goalkeeper Tim Krul in the Holland squad to face Belgium on Wednesday, made what is likely to be his last appearance for the Eredivisie champions in yesterday’s 2-2 draw with AZ Alkmaar at the Amsterdam Arena.

Ajax manager Frank de Boer admitted: “Anita is close to an agreement with Newcastle.”

And that is as good as saying the transfer is signed, sealed and delivered. This is a timely boost for Pardew who is far from alone at feeling frustrated at not being able to finalise deals because a target’s valuation has astronomically soared once it has become known a big club wanted to buy him – de Jong being the prime example of that.

It has, in fact, been a relatively quiet summer transfer window so far for most clubs, big and small, although Pardew expects there to be a flurry of activity this week across the football world.

Asked why he thought the market had been so slow to get moving, Pardew said: “It’s valuation. Not just by the players themselves, but by the clubs and the agents.

“This is the big problem we have as managers and also chairman in the Premier League.

“The valuation agents are putting on their player is far, far too much. They need to understand that times have changed.”

With four players carrying knocks – Papiss Cisse, Demba Ba, Cheick Tiote and Fabricio Coloccini – the manager could do with some reinforcements. Pardew said: “Am I hopeful something can be done? I think it is touch and go, really.

“There are one or two things that might happen. Obviously, that’s not my department. I have targeted the players and we hope they arrive, but if they don’t then I do believe we still have a very strong side that will go in against Tottenham. You ask any Premier League manager, outside of Chelsea probably, and they will say the same thing. Even Manchester United haven’t done much business.

“Nobody else has really. I think everyone is biding their time before pitching in. However, I do think the ball will roll this week and there will be players joining Premier League teams for sure.”

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can't believe we're signing Free LOVEFiLM Trial.

Mike will do anything to push a deal over the line by not putting his hand in his pocket

Guest firetotheworks
Can't believe we're signing Free LOVEFiLM Trial.

Anah, I can't believe we gave up on Netflix. Cheaper as well.