Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Anita was given a minimal run and has signed for us when we've been turbo shit. He had a great run which was cut short by that World Class enforcer in Tiote.

Santon always ends up being one of better performing defenders when given a run into the side.

They've both shown potential and they aren't match winning players though it's not ever in their remit as far as Pardew was concerned. They are part of his don't make mistakes and keep it tight bunch.

We conceded bucket loads during Anita's supposed "great run".

Santon has directly been responsible for more goals conceded than any of our defenders while he was playing. He's never shown the ability to consistently defend well without the LM holding his hand.

A deep-lying CM and fullback should be able to help "keep it tight".

Guest firetotheworks

This is an utterly pointless thread at the moment like. Until he's played in a 3 under a competent manager there's no point in really discussing it, everything is hypothetical unless that happens. Until then it's just people going 'he's shit' and other people going 'he'd be good in a 3 under a decent manager' over and over but for the usual boring, horse shit dressed up as knowing better from TCD.

It's not completely hypothetical given we have over 50 games of evidence which suggests he isn't good enough. Quality players have still impressed throughout this tragic era. Vurn hasn't.

Have I not just said that the alternative point to this is that in a 3 in midfield under a decent manager he'd look good?

Maybe he hasn't "always been shit"like I said before, but he hasn't really made an impact. The way you guys talk about him like he's some unearthed Sergio Busquets. On his best day, he's Leon Britton.

And maybe we don't "play the way he likes" well tough shit. Adapt then. That's what the best players do. Anita comes off lazy to me. If we don't play the way he likes, leave and go somewhere where they have that philosophy. He seems perfectly content sitting on the bench and collecting his money. I just don't feel this guy is hungry to improve. He plays when he's called upon and never seems to improve.

Guest firetotheworks

There's a lot of made up stuff in that post. No one goes on like he's Busquets, you're saying he's Leon Britton though.

Our system is shit imo.

He's not good enough to play in a 2 imo.

I don't think he's lazy at all.

Weird thing to say about him leaving/collecting his money, that's what players do.

Dunno about the hungry to improve thing either way, neither do you.

He's often called upon to play in a system that doesn't suit him.

No one's saying he's amazing, it's been the same thing for ages, play him in a 3 or not at all. He's a tidy passer of the ball and reclycles things really well imo, under a decent manager in a 3 he'd look good. Outside of that scenario he's a waste of time here.

Maybe he hasn't "always been shit"like I said before, but he hasn't really made an impact. The way you guys talk about him like he's some unearthed Sergio Busquets. On his best day, he's Leon Britton.

And maybe we don't "play the way he likes" well tough shit. Adapt then. That's what the best players do. Anita comes off lazy to me. If we don't play the way he likes, leave and go somewhere where they have that philosophy. He seems perfectly content sitting on the bench and collecting his money. I just don't feel this guy is hungry to improve. He plays when he's called upon and never seems to improve.

Leon Britton is brown bread.

From what I saw on Saturday, he looked very lazy. He didn't even try to come close to the ball. He never was available for a pass as he spent most of the game walking around.

Yeah, the system's shit but the system was shit when Cabaye was here and he made an impact. Good players do.

He gives off a relaxed vibe to me. Someone who'll sneak by and collect his money.

What is Anita's best position and what is he meant to do?

From what I saw on Saturday, he looked very lazy. He didn't even try to come close to the ball. He never was available for a pass as he spent most of the game walking around.

What is Anita's best position and what is he meant to do?

For the first 10 minutes he was sitting deep and initiating our forward moves. Ward-Prowse started tracking him and that was the end of Anita's evening.

We are still being managed by a man not fit for the job. Nothing has changed. The tactics and players still are playing the same and the past 4 years of Pardew's stink on this these players will stay until sweeping clear out of his former coaching staff.  To think things change overnight when we went from one inept man to another is naive. But please go on and csll out players who were always never used correctly in a shit performing team under a shit manager and expect him to rise above that. Such fucking stupid same old crap argument from some on here.

Of course Cabaye is going to outshine the system. He's Yohan Fucking Cabaye. 

Never made himself available (vs. Southampton)? He was dropping in between the Colo and Dummett to collect the ball and distribute. We have a system where there's very little movement and he struggled from there. Personally I thought he was streets ahead of Colback, but then again as player he certainly is.

Unbelievable to think people on here are making him out to be in the same bracket of worthlessness as Williamson, Obertan etc.

Anita, the Ajax genius outwitted by a 20 year old youngster.

I feel even if we did play a system suited to Anita's liking, Colback would outperform him in that same system.

You really hate little Vurn for some reason :lol: