Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest neesy111

He was poor tonight, but he is a good footballer.  Him and Colback should never player in a midfield ever.

Guest Howaythetoon

Him, Dummet, Darlow, Lascelles and Colback have been really good under Rafa - surprisingly so. Dummet and Colback are extremely limited ability wise, s**** in fact, but I think Rafa is someone who can make them become competent players within a certain system.

If we stay up I think Rafa will be looking to replace Colback. He's doing okay at the moment in that he at least knows how to stick to instructions and keep to the team formation, but even then he is regularly being caught short of pace and ends up tugging players down to stop them getting past him.

If we go down then yeah, Colback would be fine for a championship side.

I take it back, please don't select them again Rafa, Colback and Dummet that is!

That was honestly one of the worst performance i've seen from one of our players in a long time, i've counted 12 times he's lost the ball, pretty sure its more than that.

I was at 12 by about 28 minutes. :lol:

I don't dislike Anita half as much as the likes of Colback but we'll get nowhere playing him.

I have always said that if you play Colback and Anita in your team you will nevery get anywhere.

Exactly that. We seen that last season. Add dummett in and it's a recipe for disaster

• 2 weeks later...

Got absolutely destroyed defensively a couple of times. Was alright on the ball.

Would stick with Janmaat first choice tbh but Anita is an alright backup.

He did especially in the first half

Got absolutely destroyed defensively a couple of times. Was alright on the ball.

Can I ask why?  Our results with Anita at RB since Rafa became coach are night and day compared to Janmaat.

There's no way in hell that Janmaat should be starting based on his performances over that time period.

Simply has to be the first choice right back.

Nope disagree back up right back at best

Who's first choice then?

At this moment Jammaat but would like to see Gamez given a try. Anita is just not very good and he got skinned a few times tonight also.

Can I ask why?  Our results with Anita at RB since Rafa became coach are night and day compared to Janmaat.

There's no way in hell that Janmaat should be starting based on his performances over that time period.

This

Janmaat's got a higher glass ceiling ability-wise imo. Also think you're bugging Anita up to something he's not at right back. He's alright and probably fine for this level, but is liable to as many defensive howlers as Janmaat.

This

Wouldn't mind if he even had a particular good game tonight but he got skinned a few times

Janmaat's got a higher glass ceiling ability-wise imo. Also think you're bugging Anita up to something he's not at right back. He's alright and probably fine for this level, but is liable to as many defensive howlers as Janmaat.

Not saying Anita is fantastic but he usually puts in a solid performance at RB and the results are usually positive since Rafa took charge.

Can't remember one good Janmaat performance in the same time frame, honestly couldn't give a rats ass about him having a higher ceiling supposedly either. He certainly hasn't proved it with performances and been dog shit for months, his so called ability going forward isn't impacting the game positively and defensively he's horrible.

Don't see what he has to do to get the criticism he deserves to be honest, his defending is awful and his decision making of when to make runs completely imbalances the team.

His technical talent is masking the fact teams exploit him on a weekly basis and he doesn't do anything the other way to justify it.

Can't remember one good Janmaat performance in the same time frame, honestly couldn't give a rats ass about him having a higher ceiling supposedly either. He certainly hasn't proved it with performances and been dog s*** for months, his so called ability going forward isn't impacting the game positively and defensively he's horrible.

Our best performance against Spurs? He scored