Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Yeah, totally agree regarding Anita :thup:

I've always liked Anita tbh. He has shown that he can be really good in couple of positions, even against good opposition. Inconsistent yes, but who hasn't been for the past few years for whatever reason? We've been such a mess on and off the pitch for most of the time for God knows how many years.

Was thinking it must be getting time to move on to Anita to have the same conversation again. I hope the one next month is as riveting.

It would be handy if TCD could list his opinions on the current squad in his sig, so all posters are aware even if they're a bit forgetful.

Whole new squad virtually now.  Will be interesting if we don't outclass our opposition like the last time.

I might create a thread about my opinions which I can evolve as time goes on.  I can use to copy and paste into specific discussions too. 

Great idea Interpol

That is a good idea. If you could stick to that thread it would be ace, best of luck with it.

Nah, he's always been better than he's been given credit for by the hustle mongs.

A classic example of a very talented player being utterly ruined by the relentless spackers we've had in charge since he joined.

Absolutely no coincidence whatsoever that, under Rafa, he looks like the player we originally signed.

Nah, he's always been better than he's been given credit for by the hustle mongs.

A classic example of a very talented player being utterly ruined by the relentless spackers we've had in charge since he joined.

Absolutely no coincidence whatsoever that, under Rafa, he looks like the player we originally signed.

I'm not sure I'd describe him as highly talented, but he has got some real attributes. Fast across the deck, can get his foot in and steal the ball without getting out-paced then having to pull his opponent down, very quick passer, and great at recycling the ball quickly unlike the ginger tit he's unfairly been compared to. Great attitude as well.

Very talented :spit:

Ryan Taylor was our utility player the last time we got relegated. Anita will be such a massive asset in this division being able to play three or four positions. He's got more talent in his big toe than he ever had.

:clap:

Both posts.

13 years at Ajax...doesn't happen if you're not very talented fella.

Compared to me he is very talented aye. Ajax aren't good anymore either. He can't, or won't pass the ball more than 10 yards which is my major problem with him. He is barely better than Colback in midfield based on his time here. A few good games at right back and a decent pre season seems to have changed everyone's opinions on him though so fair enough

Guest firetotheworks

Compared to me he is very talented aye. Ajax aren't good anymore either. He can't, or won't pass the ball more than 10 yards which is my major problem with him. He is barely better than Colback in midfield based on his time here. A few good games at right back and a decent pre season seems to have changed everyone's opinions on him though so fair enough

That's an odd thing to measure a player by like.

The Colback bit is daft though, as is the bit about opinions changing. He's had the same detractors and defenders on here for ages, to the extent that the same conversation about him has been done to death and bored everyone to death with it.

The Colback bit is daft though, as is the bit about opinions changing. He's had the same detractors and defenders on here for ages, to the extent that the same conversation about him has been done to death and bored everyone to death with it.

If he's so much better than Colback in midfield why did Rafa pick Colback ahead of him at the end of last season?

I don't mind people thinking he's decent, but people saying he's our best player, or very talented I do have an issue with.

This is absolutely daft.

If he's so much better than Colback in midfield why did Rafa pick Colback ahead of him at the end of last season?

I don't mind people thinking he's decent, but people saying he's our best player, or very talented I do have an issue with.

Anita was too busy filling in for our oft missing fullbacks triggsy.

Guest firetotheworks

That question's canny irrelevant in all honesty.

Guest reefatoon

It's been longer than that Triggs. He seems to have been adored for years when he was utter shite playing in midfield. Totally agree with you though. Looked good at right back last season for a few games, then all of a sudden he is our midfield saviour. Good squad player and good fullback but fucking shite in midfield.

I don't see how but I'll leave it there as we're not in the Premier League any more and maybe one/both of them can be decent at this level

Guest firetotheworks

I don't see how but I'll leave it there as we're not in the Premier League any more and maybe one/both of them can be decent at this level

I think it's irrelevant because that was when Rafa first arrived/Anita played at right back a lot, and now that he's been here longer he's played Anita more often in a variety of positions.