Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He goes missing often man. Doesn't show for the ball. Take responsibility.

Our team is small and weak. We could do with a lad to hold the ball up a bit up top. And a genuinely powerful defender. I would love if Abeid could be our powerful defensive minded midfielder.

Eugh.  :pardsgrin:

I reckon we could do with focusing on looking after the ball. This league is absolutely terrible quality-wise at the moment, and if we could keep possession a bit better, we could actually end up having a pretty good season.

He goes missing often man. Doesn't show for the ball. Take responsibility.

Our team is small and weak. We could do with a lad to hold the ball up a bit up top. And a genuinely powerful defender. I would love if Abeid could be our powerful defensive minded midfielder.

Eugh.  :pardsgrin:

I reckon we could do with focusing on looking after the ball. This league is absolutely terrible quality-wise at the moment, and if we could keep possession a bit better, we could actually end up having a pretty good season.

I don't think we have the set-up for a possession based approach. We'll just end up passing it mindlessly side to side like we did against Southampton. Our best players work well with space to run into. Our CB's can't play a high defensive line either. Just doesn't suit us.

I would actually like to see Abeid play as the holding midfielder with Anita being given a bit more freedom to be more forward thinking i.e. move further up the pitch a bit, and look to play forward passes on the ground.

The thing is Anita is being used as an all out DM, and it's seriously curtailing him, as he has clearly been asked to sit deep and play the simple ball to others. Therefore you can kind of understand why he isn't as present or as involved in more positive play going forward.

Now on the other hand, can someone explain what Jack Colback is? If Anita is the DM then shouldn't Colback be the one with more freedom to move about, get on the ball and dictate play with more forward passes? But he does none of these things. He's hardly ever seen int hat respect, and it doesn't make sense because he isn't being asked to play as deep as Anita is.

Colback is really poor. I mean, I actually thought the guy would be better than this. He does nothing. I now understand why he was played on the left, and at left back a lot of times for Sunderland. He is clueless in midfield.

For ages people said "let Anita play like he did for Ajax". For Ajax he sat in front of the defence and distributed. This is his game. He played most of his games under Pardew more B2B and he was poor. He's a natural DM that's why he's poor a bit further forward. He always looks for a safe pass. He doesn't know what to do except pass it sideways in the final third..

This is his game. This is what he did for us to sign him. There's nothing more he can give.

I would actually like to see Abeid play as the holding midfielder with Anita being given a bit more freedom to be more forward thinking i.e. move further up the pitch a bit, and look to play forward passes on the ground.

The thing is Anita is being used as an all out DM, and it's seriously curtailing him, as he has clearly been asked to sit deep and play the simple ball to others. Therefore you can kind of understand why he isn't as present or as involved in more positive play going forward.

Now on the other hand, can someone explain what Jack Colback is? If Anita is the DM then shouldn't Colback be the one with more freedom to move about, get on the ball and dictate play with more forward passes? But he does none of these things. He's hardly ever seen int hat respect, and it doesn't make sense because he isn't being asked to play as deep as Anita is.

Colback is really poor. I mean, I actually thought the guy would be better than this. He does nothing. I now understand why he was played on the left, and at left back a lot of times for Sunderland. He is clueless in midfield.

For ages people said "let Anita play like he did for Ajax". For Ajax he sat in front of the defence and distributed. This is his game. He played most of his games under Pardew more B2B and he was poor. He's a natural DM that's why he's poor a bit further forward. He always looks for a safe pass. He doesn't know what to do except pass it sideways in the final third..

This is his game. This is what he did for us to sign him. There's nothing more he can give.

:lol:

He's not box to box, no. that's not what I said he should play.

He should be a centre mid that keeps possession and plays forward passes to our more creative players.

For Ajax, although he played in front of the back four, he wasn't anchored there as rigidly. He had license to step up and play the ball forward to players who actually moved into space mind you!

It's impossible to discuss Anita on here man. He will never do anything in this team, because for one no one moves into space to receive possession because it is clearly never worked on, and on top of that, he is playing so deep it's untrue. We definitely shouldn't keep him, not because he isn't good enough, but because we are ruining his life.

He can't play further up. Honestly, I can't remember one ambitious pass that he has completed in his time here. He scored that one nice goal but he can't shoot. He's a DM who likes to hide with one questionable strength (passing sideways) in a team that's least suited to him.

Some hilarious stuff in this thread, hope it's year four when little Vurn is finally released from his cage and he can be the driving force of our midfield.

He played for over an hour on Sunday. He attempted 18 passes. 15 successfully. N'Zonzi attempted 57! Whelan 61! Colback 39.

In every match I've looked at, he always ranks as one of the lowest in attempted passes. Doesn't show for the ball so often. Rarely looks for space.

Colback is guilty of this too. Teams are happy for him to have the ball but Tiote always goes and gets it. He's the only one of the deeper midfielders to do that. It's annoying. If things aren't working for us Tiote will attempt to drive the team forward. The midgets never bother.

He can't play further up. Honestly, I can't remember one ambitious pass that he has completed in his time here. He scored that one nice goal but he can't shoot. He's a DM who likes to hide with one questionable strength (passing sideways) in a team that's least suited to him.

Some hilarious stuff in this thread, hope it's year four when little Vurn is finally released from his cage and he can be the driving force of our midfield.

But Tiote is proper mint, aye?

He played a lovely ball in behind for Cabella in the first half on Saturday :lol:

He played for over an hour on Sunday. He attempted 18 passes. 15 successfully. N'Zonzi attempted 57! Whelan 61! Colback 39.

In every match I've looked at, he always ranks as one of the lowest in attempted passes. Doesn't show for the ball so often. Rarely looks for space.

Colback is guilty of this too. Teams are happy for him to have the ball but Tiote always goes and gets it. He's the only one of the deeper midfielders to do that. It's annoying. If things aren't working for us Tiote will attempt to drive the team forward. The midgets never bother.

That's the thing. Anita keeps us ticking while his CM partner(s) always have twice the touches. It's weird that someone whose strength is spraying passes from deep has so little of them. The ball flying over his head is a poor explanation as Tiote and fucking Colback still somehow get the touches.

Tiote has been garbage this season but as he showed last season, he's still the clear top option with Abeid who just simply has to play more. Colback and Anita just got schooled by N'Zonzi and Whelan (!) at home pitch ffs. 100% certain that Stoke won't have all that possession if the CM's were Tiote and Abeid.

He played a lovely ball in behind for Cabella in the first half on Saturday :lol:

:thup:

How can he attempt more passes when he hasn't got the ball? That isn't entirely his fault, and he was on tge field for about 30 minutes less than everone else.

am i seeing people saying anita doesn't show for passes here? :lol:

i've seen it all now, i'm fucking dumbfounded at that like, he's literally miles better than every other player in our squad at making angles for a return pass...the fact he often doesn't get them from his teammates is another issue

am i seeing people saying anita doesn't show for passes here? :lol:

i've seen it all now, i'm fucking dumbfounded at that like, he's literally miles better than every other player in our squad at making angles for a return pass...the fact he often doesn't get them from his teammates is another issue

:thup:

'Colocinni picks it up, out to Anita, Williamson, goal kick'

Both Colo and Willo absolultely love a targetless long ball into the channels. I think that's the main explanation as to why Anita gets the ball so rarely. In fact, it's the main reason we consistently have less of the ball than our opponents.