Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

De Jong looks completely out of place and out of sync with the rest of the team at the moment imo. Seems slow and ponderous when everyone else bar Colback has decent pace and can cover the ground.

Mitrovic is also going to be fairly slow and ponderous, having two of them in the attacking spots is suicidal tbh. For me use that lineup from Ron but with Perez instead of De Jong and you're there.

If the system develops as it should then integrate De Jong into it but for now he's only going up hold us back in developing a quick attacking game.

Yep, I would go with that formation! I think everyone on here wants to see Ayoze because he has the ability to change games with his trickery and vision as well as having an eye for goal and based upn last seasons efforts. We all know de jong should be reaching a level where he contributes " a la Nolan" to the team but he isn't there yet.

Do we sacrifice the progress made by Ayoze to wait on DJ coming good or start him now... to be or not to be???

I wouldn't normally but I don't think Haidara is showing enough, these can fill in a few games and have done 'a job' there, plus if it means we excel in those games with one of the attacking three in, he might be more tempted to sacrifice one of them once Dummett is back.

I wouldn't normally but I don't think Haidara is showing enough, these can fill in a few games and have done 'a job' there, plus if it means we excel in those games with one of the attacking three in, he might be more tempted to sacrifice one of them once Dummett is back.

It's been one match and he's coming off a knee injury that kept him out the final three months of last season. :lol:

Let the kid play for once, give him a run of matches to actually see what he's about. At least until he crocks himself again.

Kind of know what you mean, he's still very raw for a player who's made 90+ senior apps.

I'd give Haidara a couple more games to show he can step up before writing him off, he's looked good in the past albeit inconsistent. If he doesn't take this chance, probably best just to look elsewhere. He's been here long enough now to know what it's all about.

I was a Santon fan but he was perfectly capable of quite a few defensive horrorshows so I'm not quite on board with thinking our problems would be solved if we'd kept him.

I don't mind Anita at full back as much as Colback but it's still less than ideal, he did seem to do the basic defending duty better but he'd still probably get ripped a new one by a proper winger which a dedicated full back should be better.

I was a Santon fan but he was perfectly capable of quite a few defensive horrorshows so I'm not quite on board with thinking our problems would be solved if we'd kept him.

It was more due to being out of position than what Haidara displayed though, don't recall Santon allowing shit tonnes of crosses and being beaten 1 v 1 repeatedly.

Santon was over rated by most, he was relatively solid but was often caught napping at the back and wasn't that good going forward either, he was capable of getting into decent positions but his final ball was more often than not non existent or poor.

Better than what we have now mind but not by a million miles.

Our new style seems to require Anita as an absolutely key central midfield player. If he has to play RB the style we saw against Southampton won't really work.

Agree with this, he may be the best option between him and Colback to cover the full back positions (not that that's saying much...), but putting Anita there would be to the detriment of our main gameplan and the way we appear to be setting ourselves up during games now.

I liked him but Santon was pretty poor 1 v 1, like. Seemed to take nearly as long as Williamson to turn at times.

Don't remember that tbh, he was often out of position but i don't recall many players beating him 1 v 1 like Haidara was against Southampton.