Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Anyone wanting to learn how to play the position should watch this match and watch this guy's movement off the ball. Filled in as a 3rd center back at times, without needing to tackle. Just by intelligently reading the play and covering the passing lanes/channels, he stunted several Man Red attacks. 10/10 off the ball today. Sensational.

MotM for me today. He's never shown enough to make me think he can play in a 2, today he played in a 1 (defended Colback in the past, today he was terrible). The way he came in behind and round players recieving the ball was what you need in there. very sharp and decent on the ball. Really hope this is him coming to terms with the premier rather than a one off.

Anyone wanting to learn how to play the position should watch this match and watch this guy's movement off the ball. Filled in as a 3rd center back at times, without needing to tackle. Just by intelligently reading the play and covering the passing lanes/channels, he stunted several Man Red attacks. 10/10 off the ball today. Sensational.

completely agree, he's not the greatest midfielder that will ever play the game but he's the best DM we've got by a fucking mile

Used to think he was anonymous off the ball but today he put controlled pressure on the opposition, whilst staying on his feet and not overly committing. Good performance.

what? [emoji38]  it's literally always been the strongest part of his game

I've always thought his best attributes were keeping the ball moving, recycling possession and dropping deep to pick the ball up from the back.

Used to think he was anonymous off the ball but today he put controlled pressure on the opposition, whilst staying on his feet and not overly committing. Good performance.

I've always thought his best attributes were keeping the ball moving, recycling possession and dropping deep to pick the ball up from the back.

and how do you think he achieves all of these things? :lol:

and how do you think he achieves all of these things? :lol:

I think he means anonymous off the ball as in when the other team has the ball

and how do you think he achieves all of these things? [emoji38]

I think he means anonymous off the ball as in when the other team has the ball

Yep. When we are in possession, his off the ball movement to make himself available has always been very good.