Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

• 2 months later...

Looking at the Bohemian's line up, looks like he started at left-back? Seems to just be a gap filler given how Rafa has used him so far.

Better full back than midfielder in fairness

Guest firetotheworks

I really like him for some odd reason, but god help him when he's in an aerial duel.

Looking at the Bohemian's line up, looks like he started at left-back? Seems to just be a gap filler given how Rafa has used him so far.

Better full back than midfielder in fairness

Totally agree with this. For me he just isn't cut out to be a central midfielder.

I remember we'd just signed him and Pardew hoyed him out on the right wing from the bench a couple of times and he actually looked better out there than he ever has int he middle.

Could honestly see Anita being our RB (if Janmaat goes).

He played full back at Ajax sometimes, played it previously with us, then the last 5 (4? whatever.. last few) games of last season he was one of our best players at RB under Rafa. 

Not sure Gamez will be a starter, seems more a squad player for anywhere across the back 4. He's been a squad player at Atleti too, playing (starting) mostly in the Copa del Rey and backup in the league/CL