Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

We have had some right dross over the years. Xisco, Guivarc'h, Luque etc. The list goes on. Hopefully De Jong can turn it around although looks lightweight and slow to me.

Don't really see how we can decry Xisco as dross when he played all of two games for us, mind. Yes the circumstances we signed him under were shitty but as a player for us he literally never got anything remotely resembling a chance.

We have had some right dross over the years. Xisco, Guivarc'h, Luque etc. The list goes on. Hopefully De Jong can turn it around although looks lightweight and slow to me.

Don't really see how we can decry Xisco as dross when he played all of two games for us, mind. Yes the circumstances we signed him under were shitty but as a player for us he literally never got anything remotely resembling a chance.

Not this again :lol:

I'd sign De Jong, despite him not showing much so far i think he has something about him.

It amazes me that anyone would advocate NUFC signing him. He hasn't done anything to deserve a permanent contract. Yes he is playing in a team with no confidence but he is also supposed to be trying to impress. Surely it is easier to impress in a s*** team as it shouldn't take too much effort to stand out? Luuk de Jong has blended in with our poor, out of form team. He should be busting a gut to try to impress NUFC (or other teams if NUFC don't want him). He needs to impress to escape the disaster of his Borussia Mönchengladbach move.

Honestly, although his career with us was a disaster I don't think Luque was rubbish. He got a bad injury here from the off and just could never settle after that. I think if he'd joined a club over here that was actually going somewhere and avoided injury we'd have seen how good he was.

I'd sign De Jong, despite him not showing much so far i think he has something about him.

It amazes me that anyone would advocate NUFC signing him. He hasn't done anything to deserve a permanent contract. Yes he is playing in a team with no confidence but he is also supposed to be trying to impress. Surely it is easier to impress in a s*** team as it shouldn't take too much effort to stand out? Luuk de Jong has blended in with our poor, out of form team. He should be busting a gut to try to impress NUFC (or other teams if NUFC don't want him). He needs to impress to escape the disaster of his Borussia Mönchengladbach move.

It amazes me that some are so quick to right off players when I bet the same that do are shitting themselves Debuchy might be off in the summer. Bump his thread from this time last season and I bet there are very similar comments to those on de Jong.

I wouldn't sign de Jong on the prices quoted but would be happy to give the lad a bit more time if we could arrange another loan.

Xiscos career since speaks a lot about his ability. We signed a dud.

the club can take a lot of flack for Xisco's poor career and ability too.

Not sure why, he was here under enough different managers/coaches to be given a chance if he deserved one. Not like he spent the whole time being ignored by Pardew because of poor work rate.

It amazes me that some are so quick to right off players when I bet the same that do are shitting themselves Debuchy might be off in the summer. Bump his thread from this time last season and I bet there are very similar comments to those on de Jong.

I wouldn't sign de Jong on the prices quoted but would be happy to give the lad a bit more time if we could arrange another loan.

Quick to write him off? He hasn't been in form since leaving FC Twente in July 2012. The fact that Borussia Mönchengladbach were happy to loan out a player they paid €15 million less than two years ago says something. Not to mention they have agreed to sell him for around £7m if his loan goes well.

I wouldn't sign Luuk de Jong for the following reasons: -

He hasn't been in form for two seasons.

He hasn't scored.

On the rare occasion he has had a shot at goal they have usually been very weak.

He hasn't had much influence on games.

He doesn't have pace.

Apparently he would cost £7m to £8m. I wouldn't want NUFC paying £4m for him.

If Luuk de Jong ends up in a decent league next season, plays well and starts scoring again I won't be upset that NUFC didn't sign him because, based on logic, all signs pointed to him not being a success.

Guest bimpy474

It's just a feeling i have, i've got no real reason as he's not shown much. It's just something i think i've seen in him. Just imo like.

Quick to write him off? He hasn't been in form since leaving FC Twente in July 2012. The fact that Borussia Mönchengladbach were happy to loan out a player they paid €15 million less than two years ago says something. Not to mention they have agreed to sell him for around £7m if his loan goes well.

I wouldn't sign Luuk de Jong for the following reasons: -

He hasn't been in form for two seasons.

He hasn't scored.

On the rare occasion he has had a shot at goal they have usually been very weak.

He hasn't had much influence on games.

He doesn't have pace.

Apparently he would cost £7m to £8m. I wouldn't want NUFC paying £4m for him.

If Luuk de Jong ends up in a decent league next season, plays well and starts scoring again I won't be upset that NUFC didn't sign him because, based on logic, all signs pointed to him not being a success.

Some players just don't work out at some clubs, even in the same league. Given we will have 1 forward and 1 who never gets to play there in the summer if we could get LDJ on a season long loan for a proper look I wouldn't be adverse to it.

It's just a feeling i have, i've got no real reason as he's not shown much. It's just something i think i've seen in him. Just imo like.

I feel the same Bimps, so you're probably wrong  :aww: