Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Never seen this lad play. But from what I read you'll be pretty ecstatic if we get him?

Like his versatility. Probably one of the main reasons why we're interested. I'm a positive guy, but I sadly believe that Ba's off if we buy De Jong. Cannot see De Jong wanting to sign for us unless he's a starter....

From May 6th:

Twente president Joop Munsterman said: "We want to keep Luuk. He is a vital player if we want to win the championship again next season and when we play in Europe.

"We have said that we won't go lower than £12.5 million as a transfer fee. We need a top price for a top player."

Surely a bid for him means that we are likely to see Ba off then? Haven't see much of de Jong but isn't he more suited to the wider attacking role that Ba finished the season playing?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think I can understand a little why people assume that Ba will be away, but look at this way.

Cisse

Ba

--

Ameobi

--

Best

Xisco

--

Adam Campbell

Gillead

That's a list of the striker's we'll have available this season.

Lovenkrands is gone, Best was almost sold in Jan apparently, Vuckic isn't a striker & Xisco has been on perma-loan for several seasons now.

15 milion euros and we bid 8 million pounds.So I reckon we will get him for  around the 10 million mark

They want 15 mill pounds not euros

Just a FYI but €15 million euros is about £12 million .. so £10 million might not be out of the question.

Especially as we seem to be in the business of paying our transfers in one lump sum which would be very attractive for a Eredivisie club.

I think I can understand a little why people assume that Ba will be away, but look at this way.

Cisse

Ba

--

Ameobi

--

Best

Xisco

--

Adam Campbell

Gillead

Lovenkrands is gone, Best was almost sold in Jan apparently, Vuckic isn't a striker & Xisco has been on perma-loan for several seasons now.

Yeah it looks pretty weak after Cisse and Ba. I suppose we should be a bit more confident, we are in Europe we finished 5th, it's not as if de Jong and Ba are in the elite list of strikers. Rotation will be needed next season. Given the speculation and clauses around Demba Ba I'd be surprised if we kept him for next season.

It could also be a situation where Pardew sees de Jong as more suited to the wide role so is prepared to lose Ba. Then again, who knows Pardew may go back to the 4-42 next season?

It could also be a situation where Pardew sees de Jong as more suited to the wide role so is prepared to lose Ba. Then again, who knows Pardew may go back to the 4-42 next season?

NOOOO :(

Cisse

Ba

--

Ameobi

--

Best

Xisco

--

Adam Campbell

Gillead

Yeah it looks pretty weak after Cisse and Ba. I suppose we should be a bit more confident, we are in Europe we finished 5th, it's not as if de Jong and Ba are in the elite list of strikers. Rotation will be needed next season. Given the speculation and clauses around Demba Ba I'd be surprised if we kept him for next season.

yeah but look at this (ba stays, best goes)

ba

cisse

2x ameobi

luuk (or some other quality striker)

(arfa)

that is absolutely perfect!!!

Don't buy into the Ba replacement argument. Ba, may or may not go but I think it's a seperate issue.

If the De Jong story is true then I would see him more as a Smith replacement in the grand scheme of things.

The Newcastle business plan is more about salary budget versus earnings. Smith,Lovenkrands and other departures, along with increased earnings free it up considerably for new arrivals.

The fee itself will not be a huge issue, AS LONG as the owner believes his value will not go down.

Arguments about paying a lot for someone who is not a guaranteed starter don't wash either. Should Ba,Cisse and De Jong all be Newcastle players next season the number of matches we will play will ensure all three will get quite enough starts to satisfy them.

FUCK the flat 4-4-2 man, strategically I could maybe understand its sparing use but it didn't suit our players at all IMO.  4-3-3 is the future, two holding midfielders with Debuchy and Santon bombing on  :la: :fwap:

f*** the flat 4-4-2 man, strategically I could maybe understand its sparing use but it didn't suit our players at all IMO.  4-3-3 is the future, two holding midfielders with Debuchy and Santon bombing on  :la: :fwap:

don't necessarily need 2 holding players if you have another cabaye type.