Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

This has come from McClaren or his coaching staff then.

Paul Fraser ‏@paulfraserecho

After a couple of late calls, it would seem £8m offer for deJong from ‪#NUFC‬ is right. Twente hope for more so no answer yet. ‪#echosport‬

11:10 PM - 18 Jun 12

Edit: too slow. :laugh:

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Given the number of North East correspondents still close to FC Twente's manager, de Jong transfer won't be played out in the shadows...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00796/steve-mcclaren_796998c.jpg

This has come from McClaren or his coaching staff then.

Paul Fraser ‏@paulfraserecho

After a couple of late calls, it would seem £8m offer for deJong from ‪#NUFC‬ is right. Twente hope for more so no answer yet. #echosport‬

11:10 PM - 18 Jun 12

Edit: too slow. :laugh:

"Maybe if we don't reply, zey might offer oos more"

Guest MrSundlofer

Tall lad isn't he. Scores a good few headers as #9.

How would he fit into a 4-3-3, out of interest?

Exactly where Ba plays atm, he can play both wide roles and behind the main striker as well as CF.

This I don't get.

He has played as the main striker for FC Twente this season and scored 25 goals in the league in 33 games. Ola John has played on one flank all season and Nacer Chadli (or Emir Bajrami) on the other flank. Luuk de Jong has basically played in a central position all season... and we have most likely had a scout watching him 10+ games this season. And he would fit into our left flank? Not to sure about that...

Guest bimpy474

Wonder how much we'll get for Simpson. Keep forgetting we might get a bit for Forster too.

I thought we would see nothing, given he is out of contract and 25.

Not out of contract mate, year left for Simpson.

Hmmm, looks like this is the real deal then. Can't say I've seen much of him mind but I do trust our scouts' judgement.

Maybe I'm kidding myself but still can't see Ba leaving. I would see de Jong as an addition rather than a replacement.

Wonder how much we'll get for Simpson. Keep forgetting we might get a bit for Forster too.

I thought we would see nothing, given he is out of contract and 25.

Simpson is contracted until 2013. Forster 2014.

Surely we get something for the former?

Exactly where Ba plays atm, he can play both wide roles and behind the main striker as well as CF.

This I don't get.

He has played as the main striker for FC Twente this season and scored 25 goals in the league in 33 games. Ola John has played on one flank all season and Nacer Chadli (or Emir Bajrami) on the other flank. Luuk de Jong has basically played in a central position all season... and we have most likely had a scout watching him 10+ games this season. And he would fit into our left flank? Not to sure about that...

Aye he's played CF most of this season but he has played there during his career...... if we wanted him to play on the left of a front 3 he could easily do it.

Although i wonder with attacking fullbacks and DM's being linked would we consider trying to copy City's 4-2-2-2 system with Cabaye and Ben Arfa in Silva and Nasri roles, Tiote and maybe Anita in Barry and Yaya's roles and obviously De Jong and Cisse upfront.

Obviously all assuming on my part and probably wont even be considered but with those type of players it could be pulled off.

We might be in the forefront now but I would expect other clubs would now start counter bidding us.

It's not often we go public with out transfers and theirs a reason for that. It's not us who would have allowed this to have gone public and I suspect it would be Twente making it public in order to get bids from other clubs.

If this all happens fast then I can see him coming here, however if it drags on then I would see him going elsewhere. It's obvious the guy wants out in order to challenge himself in a another/better league and and there will be plenty of clubs with the same qualities as us if not better in for him. I don't think he will be short on choices.

This I don't get.

Aye he's played CF most of this season but he has played there during his career...... if we wanted him to play on the left of a front 3 he could easily do it.

Although i wonder with attacking fullbacks and DM's being linked would we consider trying to copy City's 4-2-2-2 system with Cabaye and Ben Arfa in Silva and Nasri roles, Tiote and maybe Anita in Barry and Yaya's roles and obviously De Jong and Cisse upfront.

Obviously all assuming on my part and probably wont even be considered but with those type of players it could be pulled off.

it means even if ba were to leave we'd have de jong and cisse to play two up front if we wanted or one or the other up front centrally in a 3 or on their own. we have a long season ahead.

We're just helping Benfica out by alerting them into a bid. They're a great club, it'd be a pleasure to see him play for them.

How about if Bayern get him? What a dream that would be.