Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Guest MrSundlofer

Just read a short report of Luuk de Jong from a Swedish Eredivisie expert, this is from May:

"Another candidate for the national team is Luuk de Jong, who made another great season and is a far more complete player than the top scorer Bas Dost. He has impressed in Europe and reminds a lot of Patrick Kluivert in his playing style, but perhaps without the technical ability that make you end up in Barcelona. It is most likely the Premier League for the young striker who was earlier chased by Liverpool."

And from Mars:

"Very promising, a striker good off the ball, with all the qualities to become a world class striker. Has been very good at Twente and differs from Huntelaar and Van Persie by being also very good in air game. Will be very little playing time if he is included in the Holland squad."

Just read a short report of Luuk de Jong from a Swedish Eredivisie expert, this is from May:

" reminds a lot of Patrick Kluivert in his playing style"

That's who he reminds me of as well, although i dont think Kluivert could have ever played outwide or off the main striker so he's more versatile.....

But in the way he moves and takes his chances either inside or outside the box and dribbles does remind me a lot of Kluivert.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Luuk De Jong will only grow in value for us so I think us paying £10m or so wouldn't be too bad, he's still young and hasn't reached his peak yet. He could even take over the #9 shirt when Cisse goes in a few years.

I think Sky have got confused lol, because most dutch sources say they want 15 million euros not £15m which equates to about 12.5 million pounds and i wouldnt be suprised if they could haggled down to around 10m.

I'm still confident about this.

I know the Porto, Lyon and Sevilla transfer models are well respected, but Twente make loads too.

Bryan Ruiz, Ola John, Marko Arnautovic and Eljero Elia all went for loads of money. Douglas probably will too. And yet Tiote went for peanuts :aww:

I know the Mail have a reputation for being naff but I'm sure they tend to get it right a bit more often than the other tabloid papers do.

i remember they broke the tiote signing.

Was just thinking the same.  Maybe it'll be 5/5 on tomorrow's 'insider'