I sewed it up

Ewwwww seepage... :bootyshake:

Like an over ripe blood orange

Parting like a Terry's chocolate one ?

:D

More like a spatchcock chicken

Oh my, like windsock in a hurricane.

welly top

It's not like he's had an major impact in the Euros, if he did have it would be ok'ish to ask for that much.

They wont get that and they know it, they are just being difficult in the hope someone comes in and offers more than we do.....

What, like us? Strategy seems to be working well so far.

Yeah tbf their strategy is a lot like how we deal with transfers.... maybe we have met our match  :undecided:

Guest bimpy474

I love 1.5m increments

I'd get some cream for that mate.

I sewed it up

welly top

Alright i concede.

I love 1.5m increments

I sewed it up

welly top

Alright i concede.

I'll get the lube  :drool:

Guest bimpy474

I love 1.5m increments

I sewed it up

welly top

Alright i concede.

Well if its a choice between that and putting little Bimps into Mrs Bimpy......

I love 1.5m increments

I sewed it up

welly top

Alright i concede.

GTFO this thread man you two. :lol:

Seems a lot of money for a player we don't necessarily need. Reckon we'll go with 4-4-2 again for most of next season if he signs.

Hope we don't like.

I've not seen much (apart from Dennis Wise style) of De Jong but I can't see us not playing 2 £8m+ strikers if both fit and available.

I love 1.5m increments

I sewed it up

welly top

Alright i concede.

Ahhhhhhh! another victim!

Guest bimpy474

I love 1.5m increments

I sewed it up

welly top

Alright i concede.

Hello sausage..... :naughty:

Seems a lot of money for a player we don't necessarily need. Reckon we'll go with 4-4-2 again for most of next season if he signs.

Hope we don't like.

I've not seen much (apart from Dennis Wise style) of De Jong but I can't see us not playing 2 £8m+ strikers if both fit and available.

He can and probably will play wide in a 4-3-3 and CF when Cisse goes to AFCON...... i doubt we would sign a midfielder who has never played in 4-4-2 in his life in Almafitano and been linked with DM's all summer if we were going to play 4-4-2.

I cant see any outcome apart from 4-3-3 or a variation of it.

Losing Cisse and Ba again is going to bite us on the arse next season because the Europa League knockout stages start in February. Best and Shola, who are poor as a duo anyway, playing all those games in that short space of time could hurt our season.

Hope we don't like.

He can and probably will play wide in a 4-3-3 and CF when Cisse goes to AFCON...... i doubt we would sign a midfielder who has never played in 4-4-2 in his life in Almafitano and been linked with DM's all summer if we were going to play 4-4-2.

I cant see any outcome apart from 4-3-3 or a variation of it.

Would we not be better off signing someone who does (rather than can) play wide?

Hallmarks of the Santon affair, we'll buy him because it's a good deal and them shoehorn him in somewhere instead of playing him in his best role.

Saying that I'm mainly going off that Pardew, aside from those few games last season, is a 4-4-2 man through and through.

Losing Cisse and Ba again is going to bite us on the arse next season because the Europa League knockout stages start in February. Best and Shola, who are poor as a duo anyway, playing all those games in that short space of time could hurt our season.

Probably didn't word that well, I meant need as in need a £9m striker when maybe the money could be better allocated elsewhere and less money spent on a striker.

Probably didn't word that well, I meant need as in need a £9m striker when maybe the money could be better allocated elsewhere and less money spent on a striker.

Fair enough, but then i return to an earlier debate in the thread. If we can afford it, then i say fucking go for it tbh. I don't think our financial blueprint caters for slapdash spending; they'll know how much needs allocating to respective positions.

I think the reason Pardew want's players like De Jong is because of his versatility.... he can play wide, he can play off the main striker as well as the main man.

As well as i think Pardew wants to have 2 goalscorers on the pitch at all times so he fits the bill of what he wants.

The reason i think its 4-3-3 is because of the players we have in the squad.... it fits 4-3-3 or a variation of it more than 4-4-2 although your right about Pardew being a 4-4-2 man.

Fair enough, but then i return to an earlier debate in the thread. If we can afford it, then i say fucking go for it tbh. I don't think our financial blueprint caters for slapdash spending; they'll know how much needs allocating to respective positions.

I disagree. Not slapdash but when there is value in the market I think we'll look to make moves regardless of how much they're needed (see Gosling/Marveux/Santon to an extent IMO). Obviously £9m is a little different to these though.

I do think if the finance is there we should be hoying it about, this preseason is our best chance in a long time to attract some quality players.