Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Sunday Sun saying Benfica have withdrawn interest after being quoted 10m.

Blatantly on his way here then. Gerrin.

Seriously speaking though, think we'll miss out on de Jong. I reckon we're just going to put in a "take-it-or-leave-it" offer and see what happens. If they accept, then great; if they reject it, then we'll just move onto another target (I'll put a name in there, what's Nolan Roux's situation these days?).

Think Roux has signed for Lille.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If a great big bid comes in for one of our players we'll accept it - don't lose sight of that.

Hows that work out in the past for us ?

Don't loose sight of that

All I was saying is to expect outgoings if a big bid comes in.

Calm down petal.

If a great big bid comes in for one of our players we'll accept it - don't lose sight of that.

This could be a quote from 90% of football forums. It's only really happened to us once under the current regime and despite a lot of us (myself included) being annoyed at the time in retrospect it was exactly the correct decision.

Guest Haris Vuckic

This could be a quote from 90% of football forums. It's only really happened to us once under the current regime and despite a lot of us (myself included) being annoyed at the time in retrospect it was exactly the correct decision.

It's pretty much a direct quote from Pardew though isn't it?

I'm not saying ''zomngghg!!1 EVERY1 is GOING, COCKNEY BASSAS OUT!11'' just not to get too carried away with the fact we are spending money - or trying to - as it will balance out.

Guest Roger Kint

Go as far as 99% tbh. The idea that NUFC are the only club who will sell a player when a massive OTT bid comes in is pretty tedious especially as you say its only happened once.

I don't mind if we sell players for a big profit as long as they're replaced with players of equal or better quality.  As long as the team is progressing and moving forward then the personnel don't matter too much.  It's only if we cash in on someone and then either don't replace them or replace them with someone worse on the cheap that would irk me.

As long as we as a club and a team are improving then i'm fine with selling players.  Loyalty is to the club, not the individual players (if that makes sense).

Guest Roger Kint

I don't mind if we sell players for a big profit as long as they're replaced with players of equal or better quality.  As long as the team is progressing and moving forward then the personnel don't matter too much.  It's only if we cash in on someone and then either don't replace them or replace them with someone worse on the cheap that would irk me.

As long as we as a club and a team are improving then i'm fine with selling players.  Loyalty is to the club, not the individual players (if that makes sense).

Makes perfect sense. Its been the way of football for decades

Hows that work out in the past for us ?

Don't loose sight of that

All I was saying is to expect outgoings if a big bid comes in.

Calm down petal.

Don't patronise me sun shine, in the space of 3 post you point the same thing out twice.

It's you that needs to stop going on about outgoings. If it happens it happens.

Anyone using condescending pet names like 'petal' in a debate needs to sort their craic out like. Sooooo 2002.

It's depressing that I feel like 2002 is still recent and modern.  I feel old.

Newcastle could be set to lose out on Luuk de Jong with reports in Germany claiming he is set to join Borussia Monchengladbach instead.

by Tweet me @skygraemebailey6/28/2012 9:22:25 AM 10:22 AM

Anyone seen anything in the German press?