Douglas

BONTEMPI

Recall Douglas himself saying he wanted CL, I think... or something which struck me as somewhat big-headed. I'm hungover so I might be talking bollocks :thup:

Was the guy who said a "bigger club than Newcastle" were interested in him. Came across as a bit of a t*** from that like, but yeah hopefully a sound signing if true.

That might be the one O0

Wouldn't want us to sign a stepping-stone matherfacker if we can at all help it tbh.

How exactly does saying big clubs are in for him equal him being a stepping-stone matherfacker?

I suppose it doesn't per force, but mentioning club size etc when there's no real need to, does to me indicate that he believes he is worthy of somewhere which he (/perceives) is bigger than Newcastle. He may very well be, but to make a statement like that without prompting is not exactly promising.

How do you know the statement was made without prompting?

Arguably a more important signing than De Jong.

We're desperate for Centre Half cover and a long term Colo replacement.

De Jong, whilst nice to have, is nowhere near as important at this stage due to the ability of HBA/Marv etc to play in more advanced roles.

Guest BooBoo

Colo replacement? The way he plays and injury record suggests he's got six or seven years left.

Guest BooBoo

Colo replacement? The way he plays and injury record suggests he's got six or seven years left.

No, he's complimentary in style to Colo, not a replacement.

I was responding to mimhosa's post.

Recall Douglas himself saying he wanted CL, I think... or something which struck me as somewhat big-headed. I'm hungover so I might be talking bollocks :thup:

Was the guy who said a "bigger club than Newcastle" were interested in him. Came across as a bit of a t*** from that like, but yeah hopefully a sound signing if true.

That might be the one O0

Wouldn't want us to sign a stepping-stone matherfacker if we can at all help it tbh.

How exactly does saying big clubs are in for him equal him being a stepping-stone matherfacker?

I suppose it doesn't per force, but mentioning club size etc when there's no real need to, does to me indicate that he believes he is worthy of somewhere which he (/perceives) is bigger than Newcastle. He may very well be, but to make a statement like that without prompting is not exactly promising.

Fuck off.

Don't think the Express (who on earth buys that paper!?) reporting this is enough to warrant a thread tbh.

Even if the Express story isn't true, it's quite obvious that we are trying to get him, and that does warrant a thread. All things considered, I'd say it's quite strange that we haven't had a thread on him before today.

Has anyone actually seen this guy play?

Centre half that scores goals, it was on our remit.

Sell nobody of note and add De Jong, Debauchy And maybe a back-up holding mid and i'd be totally chuffed.

That might be the one O0

Fuck off.

:lol:

Position untenable, quick - say something witty.

That might be the one O0

Fuck off.

Untenable my ass. There's no line of questioning fathomable which forces you into making such an untactful daft response. Can't be arsed spending my Sunday answering stupid questions from Unbelievable! trying to save face for his Dutch brethren.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Even if fee is agreed his supposed entourage may make agreeing personal terms difficult

That might be the one O0

f*** off.

Untenable my ass. There's no line of questioning fathomable which forces you into making such an untactful daft response. Can't be arsed spending my Sunday answering stupid questions from Unbelievable! trying to save face for his Dutch brethren.

Guest taps01

Is he quick ?

Quicker and stronger than anything we've got at CB. I hope to God this is true and we sign him - would be excellent foil for Colo.

Sounds promising.

Long Term replacement. Yes.

I should probably expand on this by saying...............if the club think that Douglas is the nuts then we must spend the money now.

I don't see Colo being around much after the next few seasons (he'll finish his playing days in South America imho) and this kid is only 24.

Whilst he may not be a like for like replacement for Colo, if he is absolute quality, then the task of replacing Colo in a few years is less onerous because we'll be slotting a new guy in alongside a quality CH in Douglas who will be coming into his prime (he'll be about 27/28 by then).

This would be my logic anyhow.

Long term replacement in terms of quality, if not exact position.