The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

5 missed phone calls in the past 48 hours. Finally a voicemail was left on the 5th occasion. Betway. Purely to tell me they have some of the best odds on upcoming internationals and a deposit bonus. Is it really worth the time, effort and money? :lol:

5 missed phone calls in the past 48 hours. Finally a voicemail was left on the 5th occasion. Betway. Purely to tell me they have some of the best odds on upcoming internationals and a deposit bonus. Is it really worth the time, effort and money? :lol:

If it means you might stake another 8p, definitely

$40 on New South Wales in the first State of Origin. :anguish:

Boom.

Took -2 after the first try, was bricking it for the last 15mins. :lol:

:lol: Should really have been a lot more than what it was. QLD looked awful in the first half and could have been down 24-0 quite easily.

20 quid on the dutch at 13/2...hard group to overcome but if they get out of it, think they are in with a massive shout.

Down to 11/2 now without even kicking a ball. At least i've benefited slightly from England's shitness. Still end up losing my 20 quid like but at least i feel like i'm 1-0 up against Paddy for now, always nice.

$40 on New South Wales in the first State of Origin. :anguish:

Boom.

Took -2 after the first try, was bricking it for the last 15mins. :lol:

:lol: Should really have been a lot more than what it was. QLD looked awful in the first half and could have been down 24-0 quite easily.

Aye, the amount of errors they made was ridiculous. Annoying that QLD's try came off two forward passes and then Smith's kick somehow hitting the beans and creeping over to make it a tense end to the game, could really have done without that!

Some temping looking handicaps for the weekend, always wary when it's the weekend after Origin though.

Aye, the amount of errors they made was ridiculous. Annoying that QLD's try came off two forward passes and then Smith's kick somehow hitting the beans and creeping over to make it a tense end to the game, could really have done without that!

Some temping looking handicaps for the weekend, always wary when it's the weekend after Origin though.

What are you thinking of? Storms should be a lock especially with Gallen out. Fancy Manly as well. Other than that I'm not too sure what to do.

Got to be heavy on the Roosters to cover the handicap -12 @ 5/6

That's risky I reckon. I actually fancy Parramatta to spring an upset, just not enough to beat on it.

I reckon the Dragons might be worth a handicap against the Knights. Might go +12 or so.

Why is it risky? Roosters are doing alright and the Eels have just told half of their players that they don't want them next season...unsurprisingly, at least 3 of them have refused to play this weekend

I just think it'll be a lot closer than you suggest. A few Roosters players could be a bit tired from Origin as well. Wouldn't fancy the Roosters to win by 13 points at the Parramatta Stadium but you never know!

Guest Rey Mysterio

Feel very lucky to get away wit that, Roosters were really poor 2nd half. Shaun Kenny Dowall needs to get the tackle bags out.

Penrith -9 are my call for the weekend. Think there's potential for an alternative handicap on that too with Tedesco & now Farah out.

So, Portugal. Perennial coupon-busters.

Home to Russia tonight. Portugal, 11 points from 6 games. Russia, 4 wins from 4. 0 goals conceded.

Can get Russia at 4/1.

Is it a case where the odds are too good that it's inevitably going to bite you in the arse?