The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Stuttgart had 14 days to prepare for their 'biggest game' of their lives (they said so). Bayern were on the drink for almost the whole week.

Bayern won't be as focuses as last week, Dante and Gustavo missing. Gomez starting.

75€ on Stuttgart to 'do it' in 90 minutes today.

Awkward turtle...

Fancy a Lucky 15 for Derby Day. :shifty:

Space Ship - abysmal

Haikbidiac - placed

Fair Value - placed

Ruler of the World - won

E/W L15.

:thup: About £100 up. When I avoid betting on football I'm fine.

I'm sorry David but you could not have deserved to lose that money more. Stop betting against Bayern! It's not even my money and it's actually annoying me how much you've spluttered away on daft anti-Bayern bets due to a) underestimating their quality and b) your clear disdain for them. :lol:

I'm sorry David but you could not have deserved to lose that money more. Stop betting against Bayern! It's not even my money and it's actually annoying me how much you've spluttered away on daft anti-Bayern bets due to a) underestimating their quality and b) your clear disdain for them. :lol:

Ah Neil man, we had that discussions before. The two finals, yeah you're right. But I've stopped since the semis till that.

Next season will be a completely different thing. For sure.  :shifty:

Anyone bet on the NBA? Have quite a bit money (by my standards anyway) on Miami to win it this year, laid off my bet to guarantee profit if the Spurs or Indiana win. Still obviously want Miami to win but it's a bit of a safety net. A mate of mine is set to win over a grand if they do win it. I've told him to lay it but I don't think he's going to which I think is mad. :lol: I understand the arguments against covering your bet but it's not for me. Could be an especially nervous watch for him for Game 7 tomorrow and beyond, if they make it through.

Do people tend to lay their bets? I'm pretty risk-averse in that sense. Call it cowardly, I call it sensible. :lol: I know what my luck is often like so it's a no-brainer for me - given the odds are right.

Anyone bet on the NBA? Have quite a bit money (by my standards anyway) on Miami to win it this year, laid off my bet to guarantee profit if the Spurs or Indiana win. Still obviously want Miami to win but it's a bit of a safety net. A mate of mine is set to win over a grand if they do win it. I've told him to lay it but I don't think he's going to which I think is mad. :lol: I understand the arguments against covering your bet but it's not for me. Could be an especially nervous watch for him for Game 7 tomorrow and beyond, if they make it through.

Do people tend to lay their bets? I'm pretty risk-averse in that sense. Call it cowardly, I call it sensible. :lol: I know what my luck is often like so it's a no-brainer for me - given the odds are right.

I do lay if it is for significant money. Remember during the Euros that I was going to win loads if Italy win against England and even more if they win after extra time or penalties. Couldn't watch the game live so told my friend to put 400€ on England if it goes to extra time. Also remember one time where I made a mess of it and basically guaranteed that I'm not going to win any money no matter what happens. :lol:

Brool story, co.

Can't wait for the World Cup next summer. :smitten: Have to make sure not to go crazy during the first round of games and chase rest of the tournament. :lol:

Mike Phelan? :lol: How random, you heard something we haven't?

Furious. Was going to drunkenly stick £100 on the draw when it was 1-1 last night but my phone was acting the cunt. :dave: