The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Fancied dnb on Everton, but the odds are crap.

Agree,I couldn't refuse evens on the Everton win though. Under Adkins I'd have kept keep clear however.

I can refuse that. We got 2 points from away games at Reading, QPR and Wigan. We generally don't do well in away games where we are broadly considered favourites.

Generally wouldn't bet on this game, at least not with any sort of significant money. Very hard to predict how they'll react to the manager change. Can easily see it going both ways.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Spot on Neil. It's an in-play jobby if anything. Never easy to predict which way a managerial change like that will effect a team.

For no real reason, I fancy both Lambert and Osman to score tonight. Lambert because he should take advantage of our at times comical defending, and Osman because we tend to play better football away from home which suits him better, and I think he's likely to be influential tonight. Still wouldn't be putting much on, if anything. Certainly don't fancy putting a decent wedge on the result. Saw us at odds on with a couple of bookies, awful value.

Fancied dnb on Everton, but the odds are crap.

Agree,I couldn't refuse evens on the Everton win though. Under Adkins I'd have kept keep clear however.

I can refuse that. We got 2 points from away games at Reading, QPR and Wigan. We generally don't do well in away games where we are broadly considered favourites.

Generally wouldn't bet on this game, at least not with any sort of significant money. Very hard to predict how they'll react to the manager change. Can easily see it going both ways.

Everton's 1 defeat in the last 10 and Southampton's 2 wins in the last 10 swung it for me.

Is a tough game to call but I just feel Southampton will be no where near as strong as they would have been under Adkins.Just can't see the players being fired up after having such a good relationship with Adkins,along with the hostile atmosphere expected from their own fans I think they'll be in for a tough night.

Southampton will end up winning this 5-0 now though  :D

Nantes, Bournemouth, OM (Postponed), Lorient (Won), Celtic, Ivory Coast (Won), and Juventus all to win, £4 wins over £100 (minus the postponed match).

I'm using the Betfair app (for the first time), does anyone know if they will just take off the OM match or will they retain it for when it's replayed?

£40 on us (dnb) against Villa. Might have been too early to bet, but there seems to be a lot of good factors happening here at the moment with signings and the news that Colo will most likely stay. With them losing too, I think the bad atmosphere that we've experienced at SJP will happen down there too.

Returns £80

Stuttgart, at home, are 1.57 to score at  least once against Bayern Munich on Sunday.  Do it. (Possibly as a double.)

Nice one Dinho, like that bet.

Really? :lol: Bayern have only conceded 1 goal away from home in 8 games. (But then, that's why I raised the bet. ;D)

Stuttgart, at home, are 1.57 to score at  least once against Bayern Munich on Sunday.  Do it. (Possibly as a double.)

Really? :lol: Bayern have only conceded 1 goal away from home in 8 games. (But then, that's why I raised the bet. ;D)

:lol: Didn't actually look into it. That's quite a stat. They conceded at home in their last game though didn't they? Wouldn't be surprised if they did here too.

:lol: Didn't actually look into it. That's quite a stat. They conceded at home in their last game though didn't they? Wouldn't be surprised if they did here too.

Nope, they won 2-0 against Furth. I feel that we might have missed the boat on this as Munich conceded their first away goal about 3 away games ago. So...

Anyway, this is where I look for the stats just before the weekend approaches and possibly decide what to bet on. http://www.flashscores.co.uk/standings/nNYg5pkp/GMo9gNYh/#table;away

(Just another method of trying to win bets, as opposed on just relying on my gut or head feelings.)

EDIT: Burnley haven't been involved in over 2.5 goals game for at least their last 5 games. They play Birmingham at home. That's possibly another bet that I might go for. (Probably separately from Munich.)

Early bets this weekend.

Walsall - Colchester v Walsall - Draw No Bet @ 1.73

Over - Heracles v PSV - Over/Under Total Goals 2.5 @ 1.36

Chelsea - Brentford v Chelsea - Handicap Match Result-Brentford +1.0 goal @ 1.70

Over - VVV Venlo v AZ Alkmaar - Over/Under Total Goals 2.5 @ 1.61

B. Dortmund - B. Dortmund v Nürnberg - To Win to Nil @ 1.83

4-folds

Dumbarton - Dumbarton v Hamilton - Match Result @ 3.00

Coventry - Preston v Coventry - Match Result @ 2.62

Walsall - Colchester v Walsall - Match Result @ 2.60

Inverness - Inverness v Hearts - Match Result @ 2.50

4-fold silly one.

FFS just noticed that handicap on the chelsea game, meant to be -1 for chelsea. Bet coral wont change it the bastards.

Edit: Infact it's still got the odds for the chelsea -1, maybe a glitch.