La Liga 14/15

Disco

Hope Messi has an injury free season as last week was the best I've seen him play for ages.

Looked to have that acceleration and hunger back of a couple of years ago.

:thup:

One of my colleagues thinks he's overrated and overhyped :anguish:

He has just set the bar that high it's almost as if he's not allowed to have a dip in form.

Even with his injuries and dip last season he still scored over 40 goals man. :lol:

Exactly he's the sort of guy who wont hear it though.

As far as he's concerned he won't rate Messi until he either, Leaves Barcá and does it OR wins a World Cup with Argentina.

So much :anguish:

• 1 month later...

It's getting a pretty large coverage, mostly because it's the first case that apparently can be solidly proved by the prosecutors after a long list of match fixing allegations that never went anywhere.

Gabi looks guilty as sin, but he'll probably be retired before the courts are finished with this one. This is just the inquiry phase.

Also, the accusation is that Zaragoza transferred money to his players so they gave it to the Levante players as a bribe. It looks to me that's a stupid way to bribe someone; the more people you get involved, the more easily somebody will talk. But I should never underestimate people's idiocy.

Gabi has admitted to receiving that money but that "he gave it back to the club".

Almost finished Sid Lowe's Fear and Loathing in La Liga.

There's a lot of stuff in there that I wasn't aware of, about how Real weren't really Franco's club until they started winning things and not through his whole reign like portrayed.

Also I knew nothing about the story of Josep Sunyol.

http://backpagefootball.com/death-of-a-president-the-tragic-story-of-josep-sunyol/32262/

just seen barca haven't conceded in 8 league games now :lol:  WTF

Well after yesterday I'm not sure they'll ever concede. An Eibar player chipped the ball over Bravo and then missed an open goal, sure, wasn't the easiest of angles but should still have made it 1-0 there.

Well after yesterday I'm not sure they'll ever concede. An Eibar player chipped the ball over Bravo and then missed an open goal, sure, wasn't the easiest of angles but should still have made it 1-0 there.

Quite a turnaround from the last few years for them though, to be so defensively tight.

Quite a turnaround from the last few years for them though, to be so defensively tight.

Think Mathieu has helped a lot in that aspect. He seems to cover for everyone at the back, want to see how they'll cope when playing Real next weekend. Think they're in for a bit of trouble to be honest.

Saw Rafinha got the Young Revelation of the Year in the La Liga. Had no idea he had that type of season for Celta Vigo last season. Do you think he can fit into the system because isn't he more of a #10?

• 3 weeks later...