AS Monaco 0 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 16/07/12

ponsaelius

Watching Portland against LA Galaxy on there now, Chainsawing a big Log what the f***, atmosphere canny though, never really watched MLS as they call it soccer which is just wrong

good choice of thread  O0

Thats just the way I roll

I love Marveaux. He never gets stressed up, he takes us out of situations where we dont even know our own names and he does something with quality every time he touches the ball. Becuase of these atributes, I think he would be better playing in central midfield than out wide. He must stay fit though

He's definitely better central. Another player more suited to a 4-3-3.

I would sort of agree that he's given off a bit of a playmaker vibe so far, but he's only played like half a dozen games sporadically for us, it's hardly enough to start pigeonholing him into positions.

Quite enjoyed that.

Loving Tiote cutting someone in half within 30 seconds of coming on - had obviously been champing at the bit on the bench! :lol:

Impressed with Bigi, Jonas and Marv.

I love Marveaux. He never gets stressed up, he takes us out of situations where we dont even know our own names and he does something with quality every time he touches the ball. Becuase of these atributes, I think he would be better playing in central midfield than out wide. He must stay fit though

I would sort of agree that he's given off a bit of a playmaker vibe so far, but he's only played like half a dozen games sporadically for us, it's hardly enough to start pigeonholing him into positions.

He was only on for 15 minutes tonight, but he oozed class and confidence every time he touched the ball. I'd really like us to find a place for him.

I'd agree that he'd be better suited to 4-3-3.

Guest Spiria

He was only on for 15 minutes tonight, but he oozed class and confidence every time he touched the ball. I'd really like us to find a place for him.

I would like too but where ?

Could have him as part of a midfield 3 in home games with Cabaye and Tiote behind him.

Guest Spiria

Could have him as part of a midfield 3 in home games with Cabaye and Tiote behind him.

Centre midfield with Ba-HBA-Cisse befor ?

It would be a solution.

I'd try him somewhere like this -

........Cisse

Marveaux...Cabaye.....Ben Arfa

.......Tiote......Jonas

Centre midfield with Ba-HBA-Cisse befor ?

It would be a solution.

Yeah or the one Cronky posted, both would work IMO. His style reminds me of Silva i reckon if he's allowed freedom he could perform very well outwide too.

Anyway let's just hope he can keep fit first, if he can then he's a great option to have.

Marveaux is a great little player and his injury last season was probably the biggest negative from last season. I hope the hip operation cures his groin problem because we've got an excellent player if it does.

........Cisse

Marveaux...Cabaye.....Ben Arfa

.......Tiote......Jonas

That looks slightly wonky cronky.

Carroll

......Cisse  ^   

|

Marveaux..|.Cabaye.....Ben Arfa

|

.......Tiote..|....Jonas

|

|

|

|

|

Williamson

FYP

Guest Spiria

Carroll

......Cisse  ^   

|

Marveaux..|.Cabaye.....Ben Arfa

|

.......Tiote..|....Jonas

|

|

|

|

|

Williamson

FYP

If HBA is dropped for Caroll and we play hoofball, I feel like I will LOVE this season.

Guest Spiria

Hatem Ben Arfa was dropped for Obertan last season like and that one wasn't TOO BAD.

Yes but it was a BIT FRUSTRATING.

Love how the mackem opinion of Marveaux is that he is a massive flop.  :lol:

Tbf, some people on here and a few of my mates (unjustifiably) wrote him off last season...

Hatem Ben Arfa was dropped for Obertan last season like and that one wasn't TOO BAD.

I was just kidding, like, but to be honest it was the least frustrating season in the Premiership I can fully remember.

I'M IN A LIBRARY

Guest Spiria

I was just kidding, like, but to be honest it was the least frustrating season in the Premiership I can fully remember.

I'M IN A LIBRARY

I find it funny to use CAPtion.