The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

It's like Pardew's first game in charge v. Liverpool. They are playing for the fans. An Everton goal should settle things.

I can't decide if it's because I watch our games from a completely different perspective, but every other team seems so much quicker than us in possession. We look like we're standing still and move towards goal in slow-motion. Even Southampton seem to have a sense of urgency.

Southampton look a decent outfit these days, both of their full backs are very decent, Puncheon has improved massively, I thought losing Adkins may knacker them up, it appears not, doubt they will go down.

I can't decide if it's because I watch our games from a completely different perspective, but every other team seems so much quicker than us in possession. We look like we're standing still and move towards goal in slow-motion. Even Southampton seem to have a sense of urgency.

Ive been thinking the same recently, everyone seems to attack with more pace and ideas than us

Southampton look a decent outfit these days, both of their full backs are very decent, Puncheon has improved massively, I thought losing Adkins may knacker them up, it appears not, doubt they will go down.

If they don't score first half then I can see Everton nicking a goal and the crowd turning ugly.

Tbh they have been a decent outfit all season long, but they struggle to keep clean sheets and take their chances.

If they don't score first half then I can see Everton nicking a goal and the crowd turning ugly.

They don't seem particularly noisy for a bunch of supposedly outraged fans.

Guest ItalianMagpie

They don't seem particularly noisy for a bunch of supposedly outraged fans.

Well they're not even there tbh, a lot of empty seats...

Anyway our performances are nowhere near the Saints', which is quite depressing.

Looking at Southampton like other teams, they seem to actually have a tempo and urgency about them something we seem to seriously lack.

They also seem capable of moving the ball forward quicker and finding there man quite a bit. We must be slowest team in league when we get the ball and never have any direction

Don't be so hard on yourselves. You were actually quite sharp in the first half against Reading.

Aye but we never seem to have that drive that other teams have, just so bizarre with some of the players we have that we can't drive forward at teams and really put them under pressure