The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Guest bimpy474

Tbf at least Rugby League players show the ref respect and dont try to cheat at every opportunity.

yeh whats that got to do with anything?

still boring compared to footy.

Everything if you compare the two sports.

Boring...you are joking, its fast paced and non stop. Understand why people say it though, egg carrying isn't for everyone.

dont think you can compare the two,  two different sports with two different fanbase,  one is more middle class oh tally-ho ref .  and the other is working class with abuse and filth.  people go on about the bad behaviour of footballers yet most of them are in the stands on weekends hurling foul mouth words at everyone under the sun.

You're thinking of Rubgy Union there mate, Rugby League is a much more working class sport.

You're spot about fans hurling abuse at each other like, one of the reasons i dont take the kids as much as i want to (that and the money it costs).

Tbf at least Rugby League players show the ref respect and dont try to cheat at every opportunity.

Boring...you are joking, its fast paced and non stop. Understand why people say it though, egg carrying isn't for everyone.

dont think you can compare the two,  two different sports with two different fanbase,  one is more middle class oh tally-ho ref .  and the other is working class with abuse and filth.  people go on about the bad behaviour of footballers yet most of them are in the stands on weekends hurling foul mouth words at everyone under the sun.

Do you really have a clue what you are talking about. Ive been going to watch rugby for 20 years and only once have I seen trouble or as you put it "abuse and filth". Not many sports in the world where opposition fans can be in the same stand without kicking off.

Guest bimpy474

Do you really have a clue what you are talking about. Ive been going to watch rugby for 20 years and only once have I seen trouble or as you put it "abuse and filth". Not many sports in the world where opposition fans can be in the same stand without kicking off.

I thought he meant football fans.

We're discussing respectability in rugby and no-one's mentioned eye gouging or blood capsules? I've got no problem with the sport in particular other than thinking it's boring and esseintially for fat kids who are shit at football, but the idea that it's some sort of noble sport played by gentlemen is absolute bull shit imo, it's no better or worse than football.

Guest bimpy474

Is it raining heavily in the northeast or is just a matter of shit drainage? Really wanted to watch your game later on.

Good job we are playing in London, isnt it ;)

Where it is pissing down.

We're discussing respectability in rugby and no-one's mentioned eye gouging or blood capsules? I've got no problem with the sport in particular other than thinking it's boring and esseintially for fat kids who are shit at football, but the idea that it's some sort of noble sport played by gentlemen is absolute bull shit imo, it's no better or worse than football.

Because that is rugby 'kick and clap' union. We are on about rugby league.

Again, that's a different sport.

Guest bimpy474

Oh ffs, Rugby League,  not i repeat not Rugby Union.

Guest bimpy474

Barcelona fans talking about rain reminded me of this

http://www.esquire.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bobbyrobson.jpg

Shola scored the next day and Dyer's gayline clearance. Ahh wonderful.

I was at the stadium that day, not to far from the away end even (I usually sit there). Shola looked a proper wonderkid that match.

ahh ok, is there a big difference in the conduct of the players?

Guest bimpy474

I was at the stadium that day, not to far from the away end even (I usually sit there). Shola looked a proper wonderkid that match.

He did play well, cracking finish for his goal.

Guest bimpy474

ahh ok, is there a big difference in the conduct of the players?

Massively imo.