The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Will never understand why Man Utd don't let Giggs take the penalties. Can't remember him missing any.

Should have taken it ahead of Hernandez. Would keep up the record of scoring in every Premier League season as well. Wasn't a pen anyway though so justice done.

Hand Wellbeck a 3 match ban and it might be justice done..

There'd be barely any players left then, you know, since almost all of them dive. I hate diving as well but it's part of the game now.

Then so be it for fucks sake. It's not part of the game. Get the fuck out of here with shit like that.

Are you actually serious like? If a player sees an opportunity to go down and win a pen they're going always going to do it. Man United players do it. Newcastle players do it. Even people in an amateur league at home do it. It's not going to go away. You're incredibly naive if you think it is.

I understand it when you actually get a knock and over-emphasis the contact, Welbeck was miles away from being touched. There's no place for it.

Mate I fucking hate diving. I'm not sticking up for Welbeck in any way and I know we have some serial divers in our team, i.e. Nani and Young, but I'm just saying everyone does it and I don't think it's going to stop.

Will never understand why Man Utd don't let Giggs take the penalties. Can't remember him missing any.

Should have taken it ahead of Hernandez. Would keep up the record of scoring in every Premier League season as well. Wasn't a pen anyway though so justice done.

There'd be barely any players left then, you know, since almost all of them dive. I hate diving as well but it's part of the game now.

Might seem that way if you only ever watch Manchester United..

Steven Taylor is guilty of one of the most hilarious dives in Premier League history. It wasn't to win a penalty but it was to cheat the referee into thinking the ball didn't hit his arm.

Everybody does it. Don't be silly now.

Five or so years ago, and heavily criticised by his own fans for it. Your players do it multiple times each and every season (Young couldn't stop diving last year for instance) and you are willing to excuse it yourself. Massive difference.

Then so be it for f***s sake. It's not part of the game. Get the f*** out of here with s*** like that.

Are you actually serious like? If a player sees an opportunity to go down and win a pen they're going always going to do it. Man United players do it. Newcastle players do it. Even people in an amateur league at home do it. It's not going to go away. You're incredibly naive if you think it is.

I understand it when you actually get a knock and over-emphasis the contact, Welbeck was miles away from being touched. There's no place for it.

Mate I f***ing hate diving. I'm not sticking up for Welbeck in any way and I know we have some serial divers in our team, i.e. Nani and Young, but I'm just saying everyone does it and I don't think it's going to stop.

You're missing the point I think.

It'd be pretty quickly cease to be part of the game if they started handing out bans.

:thup: The whole point of banning people is to punish the teams for their players' actions. We shouldn't dismiss punishments simply because a load of players will fall foul to it. Same as their aggressive behaviour towards referees. If it's a shitload of players for the first few weeks/months? Fine, they'll soon learn. And the game will be improved because of it.

There's basically 3 sorts of diving for me

1. Being fouled and making it obvious - the most defensible sort of diving but still pretty annoying (because often it's really 2)

2. Going down really easily to perfectly reasonable contact

3. Inventing contact to just go down.

They get progressively more annoying. Welbeck and Young are particulaly guilty of the latter 2.

Then so be it for fucks sake. It's not part of the game. Get the fuck out of here with shit like that.

Mate I fucking hate diving. I'm not sticking up for Welbeck in any way and I know we have some serial divers in our team, i.e. Nani and Young, but I'm just saying everyone does it and I don't think it's going to stop.

I don't claim that NUFC don't do it, though I don't feel it's particularly prevelant, but I'm not going to just excuse it and say that it's "part of the game". It is not part of the game, and if the game was officiated competently, it wouldn't be an issue.

I don't claim that NUFC don't do it, though I don't feel it's particularly prevelant, but I'm not going to just excuse it and say that it's "part of the game". It is not part of the game, and if the game was officiated competently, it wouldn't be an issue.

I completely agree. My opinion is that it's never going to be officiated in a way that will banish diving.

I'm obviously in the minority judging by the reaction but that's what I honestly think.