The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Guest bimpy474

The highlights seemed to just be Arsenal missing chances.

Pretty much how the game went, second half Sunderland didn't cross the halfway line at all really.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Wigan: Al-Habsi, Caldwell, Alcaraz, Ramis, Boyce, Figueroa, McArthur, McCartney, Moses, Maloney, Di Santo

Chelsea : Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Hazard, Mata, Bertrand, Torres

I cannot believe Chelsea are starting Ryan Bertrand on the wing against Wigan. Is everyone else unfit?

Paulo Ferreira on the bench for Chelsea. He is STILL there?!

Ferreira along with Hilario must be close with/have info on someone high at that club. Both keep picking up fat cheques despite retiring three years ago.

Guest bimpy474

I cannot believe Chelsea are starting Ryan Bertrand on the wing against Wigan. Is everyone else unfit?

Paulo Ferreira on the bench for Chelsea. He is STILL there?!

Ferreira along with Hilario must be close with/have info on someone high at that club. Both keep picking up fat cheques despite retiring three years ago.

I think RDM fancies him as a player to be honest, he played him the Champions League final and he just likes him.

Edit : Bertrand that is ;)

Guest bimpy474

I have to admit that I'm quite pleased to see Bertrand starting.

It's time Chelsea actually started to use their academy graduates as opposed to their numerous big money signings.

Signed him from Gillingham mind, very young then though.

Guest bimpy474

Think Bertrand starting is more due to the lack of genuine width than anything else.

Which quite frankly makes the Oscar signing a bit silly.

Or they are just setting up with a free roaming system........i dream of this at night for us.

It's time Chelsea actually started to use their academy graduates as opposed to their numerous big money signings.

:lol: He is starting with a guy they just paid £32 million for, whilst their new £25 million signing is on the bench.

If Bertrand is an academy player, than so are the likes of Mikel Obi. Bertrand, like most every young player at the big English clubs, was bought for a fee at a young age from a club in a lower financial position.

Aye, it's brilliant to see them spend £63m on three new players then only put one of them on the pitch. :lol:

Think Bertrand starting is more due to the lack of genuine width than anything else.

Or they are just setting up with a free roaming system........i dream of this at night for us.

Possibly a attacking midfield trio of Hazard, Mata and Oscar would be good but the work rate would be god awful and they would need fullbacks to push up a lot and play a very good pressing game which i don't think Terry, Cole, Mikel and Lampard can do.

We will see, Chelsea a definitely a mystery it could go really well or really bad.

Guest bimpy474

Possibly a attacking midfield trio of Hazard, Mata and Oscar would be good but the work rate would be god awful and they would need fullbacks to push up a lot and play a very good pressing game which i don't think Terry, Cole, Mikel and Lampard can do.

We will see, Chelsea a definitely a mystery it could go really well or really bad.

Very true, i actually think they will do badly under RDM, seems a rather defensive coach to me from what i've seen so far.

Hard to truly judge him, tbf he took over and steadied them last season. Whole different thing this time round though.

Not really. Have Oscar in the middle, with Mata and Hazard roaming around him.

Very attacking that! Wigan are decent on the counter (at least they were against us :shifty: )

Yeah that's what i expect but there's too many factors at Chelsea which means i can't see it working very well, at least at first.