The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

West Ham have a good manager and an ambitious board. I want to know that feel.

This time last year everybody was praising our work in the transfer market and the job the manager was doing. Things can change pretty quickly in football, probably best not be wishing we had Allardyce/Gold/Sullivan because they've had a good couple of months to start the season and some of their signings are doing well.

If they'd deservedly lost the play-off final they'd be a laughing stock, fine margins.

This time last year everybody was praising our work in the transfer market and the job the manager was doing. Things can change pretty quickly in football, probably best not be wishing we had Allardyce/Gold/Sullivan because they've had a good couple of months to start the season and some of their signings are doing well.

If they'd deservedly lost the play-off final they'd be a laughing stock, fine margins.

Not that I ever said I wanted those exact people, but they've gambled very well since relegation like Ashley did until last summer. Different methods but both very successful in achieving their aim. We're now going backwards because of the ongoing lack of ambition.

Not that I ever said I wanted those exact people, but they've gambled very well since relegation like Ashley did until last summer. Different methods but both very successful in achieving their aim. We're now going backwards because of the ongoing lack of ambition.

Fair enough. They're probably the biggest chancers in the league apart from Ashley. Like Ashley was they're on a winning streak right now.

Yes we have, and under one 'period' it tasted like putting your tongue on a piece of railway iron.

I've always felt that putting your tongue on a piece of railway iron is far too underrated and doesn’t get the praise that it deserves.

We're effectively nine points behind West Ham now. Cool.

Not really. You can't call a 9 difference in goal difference an extra point over an 8 point gap.  In the process of gaining 8 points on a team, it's quite likely that you'll overturn (or almost) a 9 difference in GD. Also, a game in hand.

Okay, we're eight points behind them then. Happy days. :lol:

We're effectively nine points behind West Ham now. Cool.

Not really. You can't call a 9 difference in goal difference an extra point over an 8 point gap.  In the process of gaining 8 points on a team, it's quite likely that you'll overturn (or almost) a 9 difference in GD. Also, a game in hand.

Okay, we're eight points behind them then. Happy days. :lol:

Exactly - depressing enough without unnecessarily adding a point  :pards: