The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Fuck me, if Villa or even worse Boro win this cup I think I'll give up.

¡Vamos Swansea/Chelsea!

Seriously, in patches this season, we have been truly, truly awful, but in other patches, we've played some of the best football I've seen us play since Big Ron's side (a side I enjoyed watching even more than the league / EC winning side).

We need to manage an inspired peformance when it matters in the semi final. Although we won at Man City and at Norwich in this competition, so it's not as if we'd had a piss easy route, like when Blues won it.

Guest neesy111

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe

9 - Bradford City have won more consecutive penalty shoot outs than any other English team in history. Invincible.

Send them instead of England.

The Polar Opposite of NUFC lol.

Fuck me, if Villa or even worse Boro win this cup I think I'll give up.

¡Vamos Swansea/Chelsea!

Seriously, in patches this season, we have been truly, truly awful, but in other patches, we've played some of the best football I've seen us play since Big Ron's side (a side I enjoyed watching even more than the league / EC winning side).

We need to manage an inspired peformance when it matters in the semi final. Although we won at Man City and at Norwich in this competition, so it's not as if we'd had a piss easy route, like when Blues won it.

It's nowt to do with the latter. I only see a team that we were, 6 months ago, lightyears ahead of in (draw depending) a brilliant position to reach a cup final aka I'm an incredibly embittered individual when I see the constant stream of middling/struggling teams reaching the latter stages of cups while we constantly do fuck all.

Villa have played decent the x3 I've watched you this season. I don't particularly like Lambert as a person but he is a very capable manager and I do like his transfer policy.

Disco, I just like the fact we've got a manager who is trying to do something what i want the club to do.

Let's  not forget, we're 17th this evening, so it's hardly sunshine and roses, but Lambert seems to have the support of the fans in being a bit patient with what he's trying to do. It's not going to get great overnight. Aston Villa last season were the most embarassing I've seen us, and I went to my first match in 1973. It's a long way back from that.

I'm just glad the manager has good ideas, and is getting the time to do it.