The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Guest neesy111

Football is a contact sport, any contact with an opponent doesn't entitle you to throw yourself to the ground. It's disgusting and embarrassing.

:thup:

Football is a contact sport, any contact with an opponent doesn't entitle you to throw yourself to the ground. It's disgusting and embarrassing.

To be fair though if you're running at full speed, any touch and you lose your balance. Was a penalty in my opinion.

Guest neesy111

To be fair though if you're running at full speed, any touch and you lose your balance. Was a penalty in my opinion.

He's created such a reputation for diving, that referee's will side on the fact he's dived like with Suarez and it's their own fault.

Guest neesy111

I've never believed the running fast excuse. Athletes are more than capable of keeping their balance under contact if they want. Players use the minor contact as an excuse to dive and win a penalty. Simple as that I think.

Isn't an issue here though is that most refs only give decisions if a player goes down?

I've never believed the running fast excuse. Athletes are more than capable of keeping their balance under contact if they want. Players use the minor contact as an excuse to dive and win a penalty. Simple as that I think.

Isn't an issue here though is that most refs only give decisions if a player goes down?

Yeah, that's an issue, but cheating isn't the way to resolve it. I know money is everything in football but winning at all costs isn't everything in sport. You let the referee make his decision and move on.

I know this is a old fashioned view though, and people will say professionals have to win at all costs and it's not about sportsmanship anymore and all that bollocks.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, that's an issue, but cheating isn't the way to resolve it. I know money is everything in football but winning at all costs isn't everything in sport. You let the referee make his decision and move on.

I know this is a old fashioned view though, and people will say professionals have to win at all costs and it's not about sportsmanship anymore and all that bollocks.

Cheating is not the way, 100% agree with that.

Sadly with the amount of money involved in football nowadays it's what people resort to.  I do think a number of managers actually encourage diving from their players btw and that's an utter farce imo.

Said on the radio that Bale has reached 5 yellow cards, all for diving, is that right?  :lol:

Yes. :lol:

Aye, but there was actual contact for 3 of them he reckons :lol: The other 2 were presumably just normal dives, for no reason. As you would in the street when you see someone walk past you. FFS. :lol: He can fuck off to a diving country asap for me. It's a shame because he's a good player if he could be bothered to stay on his feet.

Maybe he's got tired legs because we don't have a winter break so he can't stay upright :dontknow:

Fucking precious twat.

Said on the radio that Bale has reached 5 yellow cards, all for diving, is that right?  :lol:

Yes. :lol:

Aye, but there was actual contact for 3 of them he reckons :lol: The other 2 were presumably just normal dives, for no reason. As you would in the street when you see someone walk past you. FFS. :lol: He can fuck off to a diving country asap for me. It's a shame because he's a good player if he could be bothered to stay on his feet.

Maybe he's got tired legs because we don't have a winter break so he can't stay upright :dontknow:

Fucking precious twat.

I've never really paid much attention to his diving but watching the videos, he's a joke http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/tottenham_hotspur/142373/football-gif-gareth-bales-laughable-dive-vs-aston-villa-deserves-to-be-punished.html