The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Guest ItalianMagpie

Quote from the BBC guy:

"Maybe the effects of four games in 10 days are telling..."

Well, not for Arsenal, obviously. I still think that that was a major factor in your last 20 minutes the other day.

That's likely. I'm quite sure we wouldn't have conceded 7 if they had played when they were supposed to. We would have still lost most probably, but not 7-3.

Cazorla should be used as an wide AM in a similar fashion Silva is for City and Ben Arfa has been at times for us.

I think that he prefers to walk into central areas rather than have his starting position be in a central areas probably because it's harder for defenders to pick him up that way.

Even so playing as a AM right in the centre atm like he is i feel is making him isolated and difficult for him to involve himself on the game.

Southampton aren't nearly as bad as we need them to be.

Villa, Reading, and QPR are though. You could say that a lot depends upon Villa's injured players coming back, ,and what both they and QPR do in the window, but Cabaye and Steve Taylor are just around the corner.

Villa, Reading, and QPR are though. You could say that a lot depends upon Villa's injured players coming back, ,and what both they and QPR do in the window, but Cabaye and Steve Taylor are just around the corner.

I still think QPR and Reading are doomed.

Fact is though, we're now just two points from the relegation zone.

What worries me is we made a very mediocre Arsenal side look like Barcelona in that second half.

When you open against them they have proven a few times they are still capable of that now and again.

They have scored similar amounts against better sides than us this season.

I wouldn't take much from it tbh, plus they are inconsistent as hell....they have beaten Spurs and drawn with City and lost to Norwich and drawn with Soton.

What worries me is we made a very mediocre Arsenal side look like Barcelona in that second half.

When you open against them they have proven a few times they are still capable of that now and again.

They have scored similar amounts against better sides than us this season.

I wouldn't take much from it tbh, plus they are inconsistent as hell....they have beaten Spurs and drawn with City and lost to Norwich and drawn with Soton.

They have? Spurs 5-2 is the only thing that comes close..

That Villa game at the end of Jan looms really large. You both have a fairly horrible February, so it will be crucial to get something from that.

Spurs are a better side than us no?

Well yes, but you used plurals and made it sound like it was a common occurrence to see them knock 6 past better sides than us in 45 minutes of football, which I don't think is the case.

I was saying that i still believe if you open up and give them space they are still capable of scoring by the bucket loads.

They are also liable to perform really well one game and crap the next.

I wouldn't take too much from the two games.

That Villa game at the end of Jan looms really large. You both have a fairly horrible February, so it will be crucial to get something from that.

When don't we have a horrible run of games?

We have had a torrid run of three results until today, but other than that, we are nowhere near as bad as those results suggest.

Do you think you will go down Brummie? I understand that you dont play Bent because the team plays better without him or whatever, but he will score you goals even when he was in a shit Charlton team he still scored a bucket load.

I think Reading are gone for sure. Hopefully this will be the year Wigan finally go down.

We have had a torrid run of three results until today, but other than that, we are nowhere near as bad as those results suggest.

You'd better tell the wife. She's asking me about all the new places she can see matches next year (Peterborough, Doncaster, Huddersfield etc etc.).