Loïc Rémy

Dinho lad

Time to get winded up, we are possibly buying another expensive striker!!!

(I do know that its only reported through this highly reliable source, please dont burn me :( )

I haven't seen this posted yet, nothing really new but I'm bored...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/24/newcastle-united-marseille-loic-remy?newsfeed=true

Newcastle United have contacted Marseille with a view to signing the French international Loïc Rémy.

Although the 25-year-old striker is valued at around £15m, Rémy is entering the final year of his contract at Marseille and Newcastle believe there is scope for negotiation.

They could face competition from Arsenal and Tottenham for a forward who scored 20 goals in 42 appearances last season.

Although reports in Russia have claimed that Rubin Kazan are poised to trigger Demba Ba's £7m release clause before its expiry on 31 July, Newcastle say there has been no contact with the Russian club.

Earlier this summer Ba attracted interest from Turkey's Galatasaray but the striker has a knee condition which could ensure he remains on Tyneside.

Meanwhile Alan Pardew, Newcastle's manager, has reached an impasse in his attempts to prise the France right-back Mathieu Debuchy away from Lille, the Brazilian central defender Douglas from FC Twente and Andy Carroll from Liverpool.

Seems like somethings been lost in translation.

All the french sites are basing it on the guardian article yesterday. Where they simply say hes valued at 15m, not that we'll offer it. They're saying we'd want to negotiate that down actually.

What kind of player is he then? wiki says striker who can play wings or like a trequartista but is he "Ben Arfa"-like who is good on the ball etc.?

Plays wide, quick, athletic and has improved his finishing.

Ben Arfa-ish then...would his style on the wing compliment a local, tall, lanky,  long haired centre forward? or is he more about quick interplay with the likes of Cisse?

People who get excited by a link like that, how do you get through a transfer window alive :lol:

I do it by going to Åråsen and watching possibly the worst football that I have ever seen. And perhaps cry while I wonder why I drag myself out there to see the pile of shit that is LSK and Tippeligaen.

People who get excited by a link like that, how do you get through a transfer window alive :lol:

I do it by going to Åråsen and watching possibly the worst football that I have ever seen. And perhaps cry while I wonder why I drag myself out there to see the pile of shit that is LSK and Tippeligaen.

:lol: I know, tippeligaen is proper shit like. But LSK have had some decent games lately, Tromsø game was mint. Stopped going to matches 5 years ago, to expensive for that kind of quality.

I do it by going to Åråsen and watching possibly the worst football that I have ever seen. And perhaps cry while I wonder why I drag myself out there to see the pile of s*** that is LSK and Tippeligaen.

Dont do it man! Last time that I watched danish football from the "Superliga" I ended up lying on the floor in fetal position crying. I can only imagine what the Norwegian league can do

What kind of player is he then? wiki says striker who can play wings or like a trequartista but is he "Ben Arfa"-like who is good on the ball etc.?

n.

Ben Arfa-ish the..would his style on the wing compliment a local, tall, lanky,  long haired centre forward? or is he more about quick interplay with the likes of Cisse?

Don't think he is, actually. He's closer to a Demba Ba, imo.

All the french sites are basing it on the guardian article yesterday. Where they simply say hes valued at 15m, not that we'll offer it. They're saying we'd want to negotiate that down actually.

Really, suprised we would adopt such an approach  :lol:

n.

Ben Arfa-ish the..would his style on the wing compliment a local, tall, lanky,  long haired centre forward? or is he more about quick interplay with the likes of Cisse?

Don't think he is, actually. He's closer to a Demba Ba, imo.

More Thierry Henry I reckon.

Really, suprised we would adopt such an approach  :lol:

Of course we would.

It's brought us so much success this summer so far.

I do it by going to Åråsen and watching possibly the worst football that I have ever seen. And perhaps cry while I wonder why I drag myself out there to see the pile of s*** that is LSK and Tippeligaen.

Join me at a Skeid match instead. Tippeligaen would be a wet dream, and you'd be too sad to cry.