Loïc Rémy

Dinho lad

Why not?!  :D

www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/23/marseille-star-is-on-newcastle-united-s-radar-72703-31453635/

NEWCASTLE UNITED are understood to be in the hunt for Frenchman Loic Remy.

The French media are suggesting that Marseille striker Remy has been approached by United in recent days.

The Chronicle understands that Remy is very much open to offers this summer and is interested by a move to the Premier League.

The 25-year-old star had been wanted by Tottenham Hotspur under Harry Redknapp.

But it is thought that Andreas Villas-Boas may also want to take him on as part of his new revolution at White Hart Lane.

Remy is available on a knockdown fee from Marseille with the Velodrome club suffering financially.

They know that Remy will leave on a free transfer at the end of the season and around £15million is the price tag.

Here's the original source:

http://www.le10sport.com/football/france/mercato/exclu-om-newcastle-sur-remy68788

FRANCE | FOOTBALL | MERCATO

Exclusive - OM: Newcastle chase Remy

10 SPORT | 21.07.12 | 19:00

Loic Remy attracts many admirers. Further to Lille and Tottenham, already mentioned previously, a third club is interested in the striker of OM: Newcastle.

Olympique de Marseille has set a minimum price for Loic Remy this summer: 18 million euros. He was rated at 25 million euros this winter - the amount of his release clause - then 20 million in the spring. Inevitably, the interested clubs expect a further decline of the asking price and none has so far bid 18 million. Tottenham had bid 12 million euros in early June. Spurs are likely to increase their offer. Lille are also looking to ambush any deal. The northerners are keeping abreast of developments in the hope that Marseille drops its price. If this is the case, Michel Seydoux is ready to pounce for Remy.

Finally, a third club has recently adopted a position: it is Newcastle, who contacted the management of OM to know that they are ready to pay between 10 and 12 million euros. Again, OM has firmly rejected the offer. OM's president Labrune is willing to keep Remy if nobody offers 18 million. His claims are backed up by the fact the striker does not desperately want to leave, as revealed by 10 Sport in May.

My interpretation of the Google translate results as previously.

Willing to keep him if no one offers 18m :lol: They surely wont get much more than that if they make the champions league & they came 10th last season. Seems unlikely theyll pass up the best offer whatever it is.

Would be a better use of money than spending £20M on Carroll IMO.

How a club in their financial position can turn down a genuine bid I am not sure, they are clearly playing the game.  He will leave this summer for sure.  To us?  Not so sure.

I know Dan Gleebals has been a member of this forum a fair while.... but I've only just twigged on his name :lol:

I wouldn't have got it unless you pointed it out now like :lol:

Shit.  :lol:

:fool: