Newcastle v Spurs - Pre-match thread (18/08/12 at 5.30pm) Live on ESPN

bowlingcrofty

If that's true then I suppose we're looking at Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Bale, Van Der Vaart and Defoe?

The discrepancy between the ability out wide and that infield is ridiculous. [/famous last words]

I think we'll see 4-4-2 tomorrow:

Krul

Simpson - Saylor - :coloccini:- Santon

Marveaux - Tiote - Cabaye - Jonas

Ba - Cisse

Anita on for Cabaye after about an hour and Hatem for Marveaux at some point if he can make the bench.

1-1, Ba and Defoe; if anyone were to win it I'd fancy it to be us.

If that's true then I suppose we're looking at Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Bale, Van Der Vaart and Defoe?

The discrepancy between the ability out wide and that infield is ridiculous. [/famous last words]

Possibly the opposite for us, depending on the selection. Looks like it could be tasty.

Possibly the opposite for us, depending on the selection. Looks like it could be tasty.

Agree.

What Anderson said is pretty much what I think will happen too, could easily go either way but it'd be nice get some early points on the board.

Guest andrew

Quite a lot of danger stands out on that potential spurs team imo, hopefully avb favours vdd out wide to lennon so their balance is reduced

One of the followers of those cretins nufcfans on twitter reckons he spoke to stevie taylor (picture attached) who said its him and perch in central defence today... Hope not like!

This season felt like it was arriving too soon but now I properly can't wait to see how it all unfolds. The highs and lows, thrills and spills, ups and downs. All the drama, emotion and excitement.

And what better way to kick it off than with a win for us tomorrow  :indi: