Newcastle v Spurs - Pre-match thread (18/08/12 at 5.30pm) Live on ESPN

bowlingcrofty

Fed up with this 'oh no 4-4-2, we're doomed' bollocks, fucking tiresome already.

Its true though, we play poorly with little creativity and chances. When we play 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 thing type, we create much more.

Not saying it for fun, its because its right.

Did amazingly well to finish 5th last season then, seeing as the majority of it was 4-4-2. Poor ffs.

Fed up with this 'oh no 4-4-2, we're doomed' bollocks, f***ing tiresome already.

Its true though, we play poorly with little creativity and chances. When we play 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 thing type, we create much more.

Yet we thumped Man Utd playing four four fucking two.

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Simpson      Saylor    Colo    Santon

Jonas          Tiote

Cabaye

Ba            Cisse          Marv

Much better system for me. 

Guest bimpy474

Fed up with this 'oh no 4-4-2, we're doomed' bollocks, fucking tiresome already.

Did amazingly well to finish 5th last season then, seeing as the majority of it was 4-4-2. Poor ffs.

No it wasn't, out very good run  toward the end of the season was all 4-3-3 until the last two games when we switched back to 4-4-2.

Fed up with this 'oh no 4-4-2, we're doomed' bollocks, f***ing tiresome already.

and 2 of our goals came because of "long ball" (even if the jones og was more hilarious than any actual good stuff from us)

Krul

Jonas          Tiote

Cabaye

And how do we know that this is the players that are going to play?

Guest bimpy474

Played that way to exploit Man Utd's weakness on the day, worked a treat. Not so if you are up against two good headers of the ball.

Sorry mate, but that's bollocks. I agree to a certain extent that 4-3-3 produces slightly nicer stuff from us, but to say we're poor at 4-4-2 is wrong. For the match today, with the personal available to us, 4-4-2 is certainly the correct decision.

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Jonas          Tiote

Cabaye

I was going by the line up posted by someone earlier, they reckoned that was the 11.

No it wasn't, out very good run  toward the end of the season was all 4-3-3 until the last two games when we switched back to 4-4-2.

Pretty sure the season's longer than eight games.

Guest bimpy474

Sorry mate, but that's bollocks. I agree to a certain extent that 4-3-3 produces slightly nicer stuff from us, but to say we're poor at 4-4-2 is wrong. For the match today, with the personal available to us, 4-4-2 is certainly the correct decision.

Dont mate me, then say it bollocks. Its my opinion, right or wrong.

We play better football when we dont play 4-4-2 imo.

Krul

Jonas          Tiote

Cabaye

I was going by the line up posted by someone earlier, they reckoned that was the 11.

Was talking more about the players than the formation O0

Guest andrew

Agree with everything else you have to say bimpy474 btw.

We play shit with a 4-4-2 when we in a 4-2-3-1 play really good.

we played about 33 games in a straight 4-4-2 and finished 5th, and when we did play 4-3-3 we often changed back to 4-4-2. the league table and pardew disagrees with you. it is proven to work.

Guest bimpy474

Pretty sure the season's longer than eight games.

And we got lucky in some games, and not in some others, but the better football came when we switched formations imo.