"Men prefer their wives to football"

GM

Sorry if this is a bit 'Giggs'.

Men prefer their wives to football

Supporters of Newcastle United were more stressed when images of their partners were torn up than those of star players, scientists found, laying to rest claims that devoted fans are more loyal to their team than to their wives.

University of Bristol research has found that men actually prefer their partners almost five times as much as their teams.

Newcastle United fans had their stress levels measured when cutting up pictures of their team and their partners.

Despite the fans telling scientists that they had as much affection for their team as their wives, results showed that they were far more stressed when destroying a picture of their partner.

They also had to choose between sticking needles into voodoo dolls of their favourite player and injuring him for the next game or their partner and making them ill for a week.

Some fans had no problem laying their wife up in bed for a week if it meant their team's star player would miss a crunch game.

Marcus Munafò, professor of Biological Psychology at Bristol University said: "The data that we collected seemed to quite strongly support the idea that actually when it comes down to it they feel more strongly about their partners than their football tam.

"Men in the UK and around the world are undoubtedly passionate about the beautiful game. What we set out to do was measure it in a scientific way and particularly focus on using techniques which allowed us to find out what they, the fans, were secretly thinking even when their actions may have been telling a different story."

Roger Harrison, from Puma, who commissioned the research said: "As football fans we often hear about fans who suggest their team is more important than their girlfriend or spouse, so we decided to have some fun and put it to the test.

"Amongst the Newcastle United participants, who are known for being some of the most loyal and passionate fans in the world, it was clear to see supporters chose their wives over the team. In a game of two halves it seems it's the other half that wins."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/9472564/Men-prefer-their-wives-to-football.html

:serious: Wat the fuck is this shit?

People dying of preventable diseases and this is a good use of people time and effort?

Fuking hell

Agree.

Puma, who commissioned the research

...should have given the money to a fucking charity. Or better still pay these people to research something worth a wank.

Proper hate stuff like this.

Only have to ask one question.

What would you miss more, Newcastle United or your wife whining on yet again about you going out to watch Newcastle United?

My answer, would never miss my wife's whining - it's nearly as annoying as a fucking mackem. I don't complain when you watch Geordie fucking shore and I have no interest in walking around Dorothy Perkins or some other shops on a Saturday afternoon lying to you about how great you look in this dress or that top when I am really not paying attention because i'm on twitter checking if we have signed Debuchy

Only have to ask one question.

What would you miss more, Newcastle United or your wife whining on yet again about you going out to watch Newcastle United?

My answer, would never miss my wife's whining - it's nearly as annoying as a fucking mackem. I don't complain when you watch Geordie fucking shore and I have no interest in walking around Dorothy Perkins or some other shops on a Saturday afternoon lying to you about how great you look in this dress or that top when I am really not paying attention because i'm on twitter checking if we have signed Debuchy

:lol:

:serious: Wat the fuck is this shit?

People dying of preventable diseases and this is a good use of people time and effort?

Fuking hell

Agree.

Puma, who commissioned the research

...should have given the money to a fucking charity. Or better still pay these people to research something worth a wank.

Proper hate stuff like this.

I actually clicked on the link just to make sure it was a real article.

Honestly, those people need a slap for that.

Supporters of Newcastle United were more stressed when images of their partners were torn up than those of star players, scientists found, laying to rest claims that devoted fans are more loyal to their team than to their wives.

University of Bristol research has found that men actually prefer their partners almost five times as much as their teams.

Newcastle United fans had their stress levels measured when cutting up pictures of their team and their partners.

Despite the fans telling scientists that they had as much affection for their team as their wives, results showed that they were far more stressed when destroying a picture of their partner.

They also had to choose between sticking needles into voodoo dolls of their favourite player and injuring him for the next game or their partner and making them ill for a week.

Some fans had no problem laying their wife up in bed for a week if it meant their team's star player would miss a crunch game.

Marcus Munafò, professor of Biological Psychology at Bristol University said: "The data that we collected seemed to quite strongly support the idea that actually when it comes down to it they feel more strongly about their partners than their football tam.

"Men in the UK and around the world are undoubtedly passionate about the beautiful game. What we set out to do was measure it in a scientific way and particularly focus on using techniques which allowed us to find out what they, the fans, were secretly thinking even when their actions may have been telling a different story."

Roger Harrison, from Puma, who commissioned the research said: "As football fans we often hear about fans who suggest their team is more important than their girlfriend or spouse, so we decided to have some fun and put it to the test.

"Amongst the Newcastle United participants, who are known for being some of the most loyal and passionate fans in the world, it was clear to see supporters chose their wives over the team. In a game of two halves it seems it's the other half that wins."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/9472564/Men-prefer-their-wives-to-football.html

Puffs.

They've changed the picture since this afternoon, it was originally that nobhead with the belly tat, topless with his man chebs flapping away. Wonder why they changed it, that pic is basically the London press's shorthand for 'Lets laugh at the thick fat geordies'.

And fwiw, (current) wife>nufc, but it's close. Ex?  :yao:

What has this study proved? No one enjoys football to the point that they want their wife to die. I'm not married, yet I have to say that exploding images of an actual human who I am physically and mentally connected with and is meant to carry my child, would disturb me more than James Perch having shin splints.

Guest bimpy474

Absolutely does football come first, it would be the same if i was married to Miss Universe, rather than Miss Septic Tank that i have lumbered myself with.

Football is my first and will be my last love, when i say football i mean supporting us like.

Guest bimpy474

Poor Mrs. Bimpy. :(

Poor, bloody poor !!. You try living with someone who sometimes smells like an army latrine.