Alan Pardew

Dave

First half was concerning. We didn't look up for it and our midfielders to a man were all outfought and outwitted.

Second half was just a million times better. It'll be a much changed side in Madeira but against Norwich it's imperative we take tonight's second half spirit and application from the off. Norwich are shite and we should be looking for a two or three goal victory.

Back on topic, given the opposition we've played 5 points is a fair return. I bet if you asked most neutrals to predict our first 4 games, they'd have us on 4 points, maybe even 3.

The way we've played is far more of a concern. We need to build on the second half tonight, luck included.

That's the thing. We've got points from hard games without playing well. We need to click and we'll be in with a chance of having another good season.

I think some confidence was restored tonight. A win on Thursday and Norwich could be in for one hell of an afternoon.

I think hes now our 3rd longest serving manager of the last 20 years - will clock up 2 years in 3 months time. Thats an achievement in itself tbh. Most (although by no means all) of our managers make it to 1 year, very few hang on for 2.

How laughable is that. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Even if we'd lost, he sorted out the second half in a way I think most of us couldn't see. We rode our luck, but it still worked, and without 3 massive players for us. Well played.

I'd say it's taking Howard, Jagielka, Hibbert and Fellaini out of their team.

We'd have beaten them comfortably if they lined up like that imo. Shows just how well we did to come out of that with a point when you look at how depleted our first 11 was.

Take the main keeper, centre-back, right-back and holding midfielder out of any team and they'd struggle. Last night's result and second half comeback seems better the more you reflect on it.

Simply put and brilliant point made mate. When you boil it down, it really does say something.

I think hes now our 3rd longest serving manager of the last 20 years - will clock up 2 years in 3 months time. Thats an achievement in itself tbh. Most (although by no means all) of our managers make it to 1 year, very few hang on for 2.

How laughable is that. :lol:

KK, Sir Bobby and maybe even Chrissy. Not bad company tbf.

:kasper:

Thats ridiculous. Mind you, with the likes of Gullit, fucking Souness and hippo heed it's no surprise. I wonder where we would be now had Keegan or Robson been given like 5 year stretches with a decent board?

Think he got his half time talk spot on yesterday the same way it was against Arsenal in that legendary comeback. Of course, from the result, it's not a comeback that comes even close to the Arsenal one but, in terms of our first half performance, the improvement we made 2nd half was really immense.

Hope that's the way we'll start the next league game.

Guest firetotheworks

I think they would like. Lloris hasn't even played yet for a start. It all depends on the players in those positions as well. Obviously Coloccini, Tiote and Krul are massively important to us, do the same to Man City (Hart, Kompany and Yaya Toure) and it's just as much a miss.

Ah fuck it, I'm wrong. Aye, you'd be areet with those particular positions out, actually.

Class celebration for the 2nd goal. Reminds me of the newscaster 'Yeah! f*** Yeah!' gif. Someone should do similar for Pardew's. :lol:

http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/pardewfistpump.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/6132/yeafuckyea.gif