Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest sicko2ndbest

We spent 2/3 of last season trying to find a formation/way of playing that worked.

We struck gold in the few games, played an almost constant formation/line-up and won 6 out of 9.

It's like someone has pressed the reset button and we're trying to find ourselves again. Shouldn't have changed anything.

I think having Tiote back may have a bearing on his formation. He seems to trust Tiotes defensive attributes to allow a front 3.

We spent 2/3 of last season trying to find a formation/way of playing that worked.

We struck gold in the few games, played an almost constant formation/line-up and won 6 out of 9.

It's like someone has pressed the reset button and we're trying to find ourselves again. Shouldn't have changed anything.

I think having Tiote back may have a bearing on his formation. He seems to trust Tiotes defensive attributes to allow a front 3.

Definately agree with this.

Definately agree with this.

We look so open through the middle without Tiote, our shape has been all over the place. He gives us that discipline, hopefully alongside Anita with Cabaye sitting in front

I think Pards is doing a great job.

Ok there's issues with formations and perhaps pandering to his bosses a bit too much but on the whole they are minor issues. Issues I would have begged for a few years ago, when I was wondering where goals would come from or stopping them going in at the other end.

We've got a squad and a team to be proud of, as well as some really exciting players too. I don't feel we are capable of dropping too far back down this league. There's too much quality thoughout, compared to a lot our competition. We won't reach the champions league this year but even with heavy investment we would have struggled.

We need a left footed player that actually plays on the left. In the wide areas we have 3 right footed players and the left footed one plays on the right.

Aye it's not even something i considered during the summer but it would help so much with the balance of the team. a RB that goes on the outside of Hatem would be good too.

We need a left footed player that actually plays on the left. In the wide areas we have 3 right footed players and the left footed one plays on the right.

Aye it's not even something i considered during the summer but it would help so much with the balance of the team. a RB that goes on the outside of Hatem would be good too.

Anita looks like he can provide that.

I hope Santon can show he only needs a Jonas infront of him when facing a double thronged threat.

We look so open through the middle without Tiote, our shape has been all over the place. He gives us that discipline, hopefully alongside Anita with Cabaye sitting in front

Tiote Anita and Cabaye does sound tits, but not if it means Perch at right back... Would rather see Perchinho alongside tiote in midfield and Anita on the side. Never thought I'd want to see Simpson back, but Perch seems completely lost on the flank. Quality player at DMF/CB mind, but he has been exposed badly at RB this season.

Tiote Anita and Cabaye does sound tits, but not if it means Perch at right back... Would rather see Perchinho alongside tiote in midfield and Anita on the side. Never thought I'd want to see Simpson back, but Perch seems completely lost on the flank. Quality player at DMF/CB mind, but he has been exposed badly at RB this season.

Hm, begs a question. Simpson RB with Anita/Cabs/Tiote in midfield or Anita RB with Tiote/Jonas/Cabs in midfield or Anita RB with Tiote/Perch/Cabs ... ooo the options.

Comments in the programme v Norwich -

"Demba will be back in my starting line-up this afternoon. We want to get his partnership with Papiss Cisse gelling and they will get another chance to do that against Norwich"

I think he is right to make this a priority, they are both quality strikers - I don't really want to see either of them out wide, and HBA has shown he can excel in both 442 and 433.

If it takes time for them to get it working then so be it, I think they have the attributes to be able to play together, even if it isn't going to happen naturally, and if they click they will be one of the most lethal strikeforces we have had.

Anita RB with Tiote/Jonas/Cabs in midfield

This one for me... Jonas needs to be on the field, he is one of our hardest workers and seems to get involved in everything. He's important to the morale of the team as much as anything else imo.

Agreed. For me Gutierrez has to be a starter. Anita looks like he might be our best right back option has looked much more comfortable there than in centre mid with it all happening around him.

Comments in the programme v Norwich -

"Demba will be back in my starting line-up this afternoon. We want to get his partnership with Papiss Cisse gelling and they will get another chance to do that against Norwich"

I think he is right to make this a priority, they are both quality strikers - I don't really want to see either of them out wide, and HBA has shown he can excel in both 442 and 433.

If it takes time for them to get it working then so be it, I think they have the attributes to be able to play together, even if it isn't going to happen naturally, and if they click they will be one of the most lethal strikeforces we have had.

Lets hope he's started doing some attacking training this season :thup:

I reckon we'll see this when everyone is fit (maybe not Simpson).

Krul

Anita Taylor Coloccini Santon

Tioté Cabaye Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ba Cissé

Looks Skirgeesque, but we're practically playing like that atm and it gets the best out of many players. (Not saying that we're playing well right now, just that many of our players play their best football in those positions.)

It's kind of like how Milan played a couple of years ago when they shoved Kaka or Rivaldo infield and had Cafu down their entire right wing. Basically moving our three man midfield into a four man midfield when needed, but Ben Arfa roaming about any way he wants.

Would look good but just stick Ben Arfa in the centre and let him roam from there. Would be more balanced anyway, and Anita has shown he's got enough about him to get down that right side to give the same width that Santon gives on the left.

I have said it before and is saying it again. I´m not that sold with Pardew as a coach. Yes he has exceeded the expectations by far. But after a so good year as the last one this was the season to build on that. Yes Ashley hasn´t made it easy. But to have been here almost 2 years we are still struggling to have a good offensive and we are pathetically bad a set pieces.

He talks a lot about "play it at the deck" and "control the game". I don´t think he has that in him to teach. That and that he seems to have some weird ideas about formations and personnel.

So far this season. The quality of our first team has definitely saved us.

I have said it before and is saying it again. I´m not that sold with Pardew as a coach. Yes he has exceeded the expectations by far. But after a so good year as the last one this was the season to build on that. Yes Ashley hasn´t made it easy. But to have been here almost 2 years we are still struggling to have a good offensive and we are pathetically bad a set pieces.

He talks a lot about "play it at the deck" and "control the game". I don´t think he has that in him to teach. That and that he seems to have some weird ideas about formations and personnel.

this.

Unfortunately to me it seems like we haven't progressed at all tactically.

Your posts just get stupider. Wonder how far you can go.

Guest icemanblue

It's not stupid, to be fair. He's made a couple of good points. However, we have played a lot better than we are right now. So, I'm happy to put it down to early season form, for now.