Alan Pardew

Dave

I don't think those 3 always try and go for it tbh, if it's on then sure because sometimes it may well be on. I still think we'll see a marked improvement once we get Colo back and possibly Krul as well

Krul will make no difference, Harper has done well with his distribution.

I don't think those 3 always try and go for it tbh, if it's on then sure because sometimes it may well be on. I still think we'll see a marked improvement once we get Colo back and possibly Krul as well

Krul will make no difference, Harper has done well with his distribution.

I think Krul was looking for the short pass a bit more often at the start of the season for me, but yeah fair enough Harper has been pretty good in the main with throwing it out etc :thup:

I just can't see why Pardew would come out with this "control the midfield and you control the game" line, then instruct our players to kick it long. Seems completely mad to me, maybe it's down to players not offering enough movement in the middle of the pitch? Whenever Ben Arfa has the ball it seems as though everyone stops :lol:

I think Krul was looking for the short pass a bit more often at the start of the season for me, but yeah fair enough Harper has been pretty good in the main with throwing it out etc :thup:

I just can't see why Pardew would come out with this "control the midfield and you control the game" line, then instruct our players to kick it long. Seems completely mad to me, maybe it's down to players not offering enough movement in the middle of the pitch? Whenever Ben Arfa has the ball it seems as though everyone stops :lol:

I think a team is always a reflection of the manager, he dictates the play.

Guest Dontooner

Pardew probably loves the strikers we have right now....we are having one shot one kills atm, Ba now and Cisse late half last season.

I think we can accommodate them both in the same team via 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 . We just need a system of passing with movement or more advance tactics. Its  a team game after all, we will need to play as one.

Got a sneaky feeling when Colo and Cabaye comes back all will be forgotten here. They are so important in papering over the cracks. (Mainly Possession)

I think a team is always a reflection of the manager, he dictates the play.

Agree, I'm just willing to give him a bit of time with this. He basically needs to stop being worried about what other teams can do and just focus on our strengths, which clearly isn't long ball.

Having everybody fit is my hope to rectifying this, so basically if that fails then I'll be at a bit concerned long term about Pardew's ideologies.

He basically needs to stop being worried about what other teams can do and just focus on our strengths, which clearly isn't long ball.

Having everybody fit is my hope to rectifying this, so basically if that fails then I'll be at a bit concerned long term about Pardew's ideologies.

The long ball shit is painful and I think it's principally down to him not wanting us to lose our shape. Pardew loves to keep things really regimented and long ball suits that, if we start moving it around a lot more in the middle, I imagine he'll view that as potentially way more dangerous were we to lose the ball than us losing the ball all the time with hoofing but keeping our shape. If that is the case, it's a fucking joke

Interviewed on the BBC - was fair in his assessment I thought saying we lacked rhythm and basically got a lucky point.

He seems to understand the problem, he doesn't seem to know what to do about it.

Guest bimpy474

Tbh i'm getting sick of Pardew and his "if you control the midfield, you control the game" stuff. We absolutely dont do that in any way whatsoever.

We are playing as a bunch of individuals and not as a team, we have no pattern of play, no sense of keeping the ball or holding it up. Really really disappointed so far.

He basically needs to stop being worried about what other teams can do and just focus on our strengths, which clearly isn't long ball.

The long ball shit is painful and I think it's principally down to him not wanting us to lose our shape. Pardew loves to keep things really regimented and long ball suits that, if we start moving it around a lot more in the middle, I imagine he'll view that as potentially way more dangerous were we to lose the ball than us losing the ball all the time with hoofing but keeping our shape. If that is the case, it's a fucking joke

It is clearly the case.

He doesn't like players being left out of position. Other than set pieces, you never see any of the midfield or back four taking a chance on anything and getting into the box. Watch a team like Everton or West Brom, not fantastic sides but set up to attack, their midfields at times are in packs in the opposition box.

Guest bimpy474

Tbh i'm getting sick of Pardew and his "if you control the midfield, you control the game" stuff. We absolutely dont do that in any way whatsoever.

True. Rarely when we win do we do that.

Aye, also the set penises are really fecking me off. Talk about lack of imagination and thought behind them. I mean at least try a short one or something different.

Even a Sunday League team would come up with something else. Its now got to the point of embarrassment.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, 'control the midfield, control the game' sounds like 'save the cheerleader, save the world' to me, and the second season of Heroes was shit.

Aye, also the set penises are really fecking me off. Talk about lack of imagination and thought behind them. I mean at least try a short one or something different.

Even a Sunday League team would come up with something else. Its now got to the point of embarrassment.

:lol:

Freudian slip?

:lol: Set penises!

INB4Edit :pow:

Mrs Bimpy no longer doing it for him ;D

Guest bimpy474

Aye, 'control the midfield, control the game' sounds like 'save the cheerleader, save the world' to me, and the second season of Heroes was shit.

Aye and i stuck with that until the end. Bollocks doing that again.

Guest bimpy474

INB4Edit :pow:

Mrs Bimpy no longer doing it for him ;D

Too right sadly, it is hard to be turned by a Rhino in a basque like.

Guest Dontooner

The long ball s*** is painful and I think it's principally down to him not wanting us to lose our shape. Pardew loves to keep things really regimented and long ball suits that, if we start moving it around a lot more in the middle, I imagine he'll view that as potentially way more dangerous were we to lose the ball than us losing the ball all the time with hoofing but keeping our shape. If that is the case, it's a f***ing joke

It is clearly the case.

He doesn't like players being left out of position. Other than set pieces, you never see any of the midfield or back four taking a chance on anything and getting into the box. Watch a team like Everton or West Brom, not fantastic sides but set up to attack, their midfields at times are in packs in the opposition box.

Even a team like Man United packs the box, wonder how many goals Ba and Cisse can actually score if we play like a good team