Alan Pardew

Dave

Guthrie - Squad player on the whole but the season he left he played a key role and some were even suggesting he was playing better than Cabaye.

Hang on, what?? I assume these people have since been banned?

One of them deleted his account and another has since moved onto other fan favourites for bites.

Gol do you think Adkins could do a good job here?

Really like him and what he's done so far in his career.

He'd certainly get the dressing room sorted out!

My only question would be how he would handle the "bigger name" players - would he just send them out to do their thing, or would he try to man manage them. He does set teams up to play exciting football, and he's clearly learnt a lot over the last few years.

I still have a bet on with a couple of people that Adkins will manage England one day.

Guthrie - Squad player on the whole but the season he left he played a key role and some were even suggesting he was playing better than Cabaye.

One of them deleted his account and another has since moved onto other fan favourites for bites.

:lol: :lol:

My only question would be how he would handle the "bigger name" players - would he just send them out to do their thing, or would he try to man manage them. He does set teams up to play exciting football, and he's clearly learnt a lot over the last few years.

I still have a bet on with a couple of people that Adkins will manage England one day.

Whats wrong with thre dressing room?

One of the things I liked from his spell at Southampton this season was seeing how he seemed to learn and adapt quickly to the higher level.

I think the attractiveness (or lack of) of Wigan is being overplayed tbh, they are a Premier League side and have been since 2005.

That in itself is enough for a lot of players. Okay we are more attractive but in a relegation battle we have managed to attract 3 French internationals.

Even if you scale that down a little there is no reason why they can't get decent players in. Other clubs do it and they managed to attract N'Zogbia who was very highly rated at the time.

Well clearly nothing now, but a couple of weeks ago everyone here claimed that Pardew had lost it ;-)

Well clearly nothing now, but a couple of weeks ago everyone here claimed that Pardew had lost it ;-)

What a strange point to make.

Is it?

Adkins major strength is he knows how to unite a team. People have been claiming for months now that Pardew doesn't have the dressing room anymore. The comparison is between Pardew and Adkins, so I feel it was a perfectly valid point to make.

So are we so fickle on here that now we've beaten Villa and Chelsea that the dressing room is now united? Or is it that Pardew hadn't actually lost the dressing room in the first place, it was simply his shit tactics causing the problem?

Both tactically and as a man-manager, I'd take Adkins over Pardew anyday.

Guest icemanblue

There were a few saying he'd lost the dressing room, like. But they were the usual doom mongers and it was based on absolutely nothing at all. :lol:

Is it?

Adkins major strength is he knows how to unite a team. People have been claiming for months now that Pardew doesn't have the dressing room anymore. The comparison is between Pardew and Adkins, so I feel it was a perfectly valid point to make.

So are we so fickle on here that now we've beaten Villa and Chelsea that the dressing room is now united? Or is it that Pardew hadn't actually lost the dressing room in the first place, it was simply his s*** tactics causing the problem?

Anyone who claimed he had lost the dressing room was basing it on nothing more than pure speculation.

There were a few saying he'd lost the dressing room, like. But they were the usual doom mongers and it was based on absolutely nothing at all. :lol:

Aye, never saw or heard any evidence of this tbh. It's a very easy thing to claim when things aren't going well.

Is it?

So are we so fickle on here that now we've beaten Villa and Chelsea that the dressing room is now united? Or is it that Pardew hadn't actually lost the dressing room in the first place, it was simply his s*** tactics causing the problem?

Anyone who claimed he had lost the dressing room was basing it on nothing more than pure speculation.

They weren't basing it on watching the team, we were rancid but the players were still giving it their best.

Aye, never saw or heard any evidence of this tbh. It's a very easy thing to claim when things aren't going well.

It's something that people always say when a manager loses a lot of games. :lol:

Was quite a few people in the Colo thread who suggested him wanting to leave was a result of a bust up with Pardew tbf when the news first broke.

Lol

Southampton fan at work thinks the only reason Pardew will never be a top manager, is the fact he can't attract big name players. Claiming that's why they have got Pochettino, to attract top class players. I laughed and said is that why we just signed, the reigning French Champions captain, French International right back and centre mid. Pardews floor as a manager is not being adventurous enough, he's happy to defend a one goal league or even a drawn game, hoping for some magic from a star player. I also don't think he's capable of coaching an attack. I would be happy for him to remain manager, if an assistant was appointed to coach the teams attack. Someone cultured in retaining posession and creating chances for Cisse.

Southampton fan at work thinks the only reason Pardew will never be a top manager, is the fact he can't attract big name players. Claiming that's why they have got Pochettino, to attract top class players. I laughed and said is that why we just signed, the reigning French Champions captain, French International right back and centre mid. Pardews floor as a manager is not being adventurous enough, he's happy to defend a one goal league or even a drawn game, hoping for some magic from a star player. I also don't think he's capable of coaching an attack. I would be happy for him to remain manager, if an assistant was appointed to coach the teams attack. Someone cultured in retaining posession and creating chances for Cisse.

So in essence, you want shot of Carver?

So in essence, you want shot of Carver?

Not necessarily, I'm sure he has his value to the squad. Just not as an attacking coach.

You mean like heads dropping, during some of our rancid 2nd half performances, one player/Ba opening up to the press (about the manager's tactics) and getting off his chest what others were feeling too.

We already know there is a clash of football philosophies between Ben Arfa & Pardew. Pards may be the first manager to effectively tame Ben Arfa (for an extended period), but this football philosophy clash (on Ben Arfa's part) is on the record. Ben Arfa strikes me as being a bit of a Robert, he'll say it how it is when others will keep to themselves ie. not go public.

It's not unreasonable to suggest this philosophy clash (as expressed by hba previously) is more widespread, particularly among the team's more cultured ball-players from the continent. I'd dare suggest that Pardew's training methods (ie the concentration on defensive organisation & shape, and just on day afforded to attacking play etc) are an alien concept to Carr's Continemtal Ensemble. It's feasible to see such players lose confidence in training & tactical set-up they dont relate to. The new arrivals have probably injecyed a feel good factor in the dressing room though.

Guest icemanblue

You mean like heads dropping, during some of our rancid 2nd half performances, one player/Ba opening up to the press (about the manager's tactics) and getting off his chest what others were feeling too.

We already know there is a clash of football philosophies between Ben Arfa & Pardew. Pards may be the first manager to effectively tame Ben Arfa (for an extended period), but this football philosophy clash (on Ben Arfa's part) is on the record. Ben Arfa strikes me as being a bit of a Robert, he'll say it how it is.

It's not unreasonable to suggest this philosophy clash (as expressed by hba previously) is more widespread, particularly among the team's more cultured ball-players from the continent. I'd dare suggest that Pardew's training methods (ie the concentration on defensive organisation & shape, and just on day afforded to attacking play etc) are an alien concept to Carr's Continemtal Ensemble. It's feasible to see such players lose confidence in training & tactical set-up they dont relate to. The new arrivals have probably injecyed a feel good factor in the dressing room though.

I could post the various (recent) articles, from HBA and others, praising Pardew and his methods. However, I won't. I'll make do with the below image, which I feel accurately reflects your post.

http://www.tonyrogers.com/humor/images/pile_of_shit_2011.jpg